RAIN!

SKW

Visit site
At last it's here!!! My 2 greys both resemble hippos so they clearly had a good time in it last night. Bringing them in this morning was like flying 2 kites. I wonder whether the rain has turned the grass to rocket fuel?! haha. Anyone else enjoying the cooler weather? I actually needed a duvet last night in bed!!

Shooting Star

Visit site
I’m loving it, we finally had some heavy downpours on Friday afternoon and now having a wet & windy Sunday where the rain is gentle but steady so hopefully soaking in to soften the ground and give the grass a boost.

Will be riding later once the roads reopen from the Ride London cycle event and I can actually get to the yard, might even be able to find a short stretch of ground that is good enough to have a canter on!

WandaMare

Visit site
I am loving it too. Been outside all morning catching up on things I couldn't face doing in the heat. It feels so much fresher and much nicer for all the animals. We've had some heavy downpours overnight here and this morning, big relief.

Visit site
We've so far had rain, and hail, and wind, and thunder.
This weather is very indecisive!
But it's a full 13 C cooler than it was on Friday, which is so nice.

I hope it remembers how to be sunny now. Don't want rain until October.

Last edited:

SEL

Visit site
33 degrees on Friday to 15 degrees today - yay!! Much more like the great British Summer that I know.

Knew I should have re-proofed my waterproof trousers though....

Fiona

Visit site
It hasn't stopped here all weekend..... I would like to ride at some stage.

Obviously glad to see it though.

Fiona

AdorableAlice

Visit site
The dust has settled in Worcestershire and more rain is expected. So much cooler and pleasant The horses are so fresh and naughty. Alice needed a neck strap on her this morning.

Plus the bliss of being able to sleep in until 8 knowing they would not be desperate to get into their boxes this morning. The heat is returning according to met office though.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
at last we have had rain and the ground isnt quite so rock hard. i even had a canter ,actually more like a gallop, as my mare was very excited to go out of trot after so long....took me a long time to pull up as well....was lovely to ride in the cooler air even though it was raining....but i would still like some sunshine as well...

LMSmith

Visit site
We certainly needed this rain I must say.

Put my two boys out for an hour this morning and one has come in with a cut on his leg due to them all running round like idiots! I think maybe the grass has turned to rocket fuel and the wind wasnt helpful when trying to calmly bring in haha!

Also had to get on the internet when I got home and order some turnout rugs for my new lad as only had him 6 weeks so havnt had a need for a waterproof rug until now! Fingers crossed they turn up sharpish!

Denbob

Visit site
I've actually been able to function today's it's been amazing! First day at home and not working/travelling in nearly 3 weeks so duvet day with a good book and rain on the windows - bliss!

D has had to stay in as even yesterday with the threat of rain he was a bit bouncy and had to be brought in early - after 6 weeks of box rest can't have him doing himself any damage by tarting around during his few hours of freedom. Anticipating airs above ground tomorrow.

Berpisc

Visit site
Yep, having seen thunderstorms dump their rain on Doncaster but miss us on Friday, we have had rain and cooler weather today.
Had to dig a rug out for my recovering grass sickness beastie (she wont eat hay or drink from a bucket in the stable otherwise it would have been a day to stay in her stable) but she was glad of the cooler weather and actually had a little canter down to the other horses.

Bertolie

Visit site
It is currently chucking it down again here and pretty windy. First lot of rain hit us last night and it has been on and off all day. I am certainly enjoying the cooler temperatures although it was 21 degrees at 5 o'clock tonight and still a little bit humid.

DiNozzo

Visit site
Our grass is so green you can almost see it growing! Beautiful growing food conditions- lots of rain and then hot and sunny and repeat!

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Loving it! Actually been able to get some sleep.
I lunged Dave before moving today & it was like flying a kite! Really going to sleep well tonight, shattered after moving day & it's nice & cool. My duvet is calling!