Raised dog beds...

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
How do you know if your dog will like one?

Following on from this post http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?719113-Dog-beds-for-big-dogs

I have decided that in our nice room an elevated bed like a hik9 would be ideal, mesh so there's lot of airflow (heated floor and hot dog!) plus there won't be any lingering smell, he can be a bit of a stinky dog sometimes. I just worry about buying it, and him hating it. Has anyone got one and had this? I don't know anyone with one I can try out first.

Currently he doesn't even really like lying in our big room (we did a big extension) and lies in what used to be our living room, which is now a play room as he can look out of the window the easiest in there. Currently wonder if I should buy him a bed at all but as an aging GSD x Rottie I think this bed would be good for his joints.

I will buy him a tuffies bed or similar to replace the 'bed' where he lies now, currently two cushions with a hair attracting fleece on top, and eventually when the OH is not looking another one for under the stairs which is his den, and nice cold tiled floor with no heating underneath!

Moobli

Visit site
I have a HiK9 and although the dogs didn't use it indoors (they prefer either the soft beds or the hard floor!?!), I now have it outside the back door and they all use it at one time or another.

You just have to buy one and see. If he doesn't use it though they are quite easy to sell on.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Thanks, I think a camping bed might be beyond the space that the OH is willing to give over to the dog!! I'mn also not sure a camping bed would take him, I remember sleeping on some pretty flimsy ones! It seems like they might not be as good as they think they are, might have to go for a stinky dog bed in the end.

Britestar

Visit site
I have two small pallets as raised beds. They have a large rubber sheet over them and then one has a giant donut bed on it (mostly used by the cat) and the other a waterproof bed from Factory shop covered with a simple duvet square thing.
Dog seems very happy with this arrangement.