Raised poles for poor people

WelshD

Visit site
I understand that raised poles are great for developing topline

Only with no poles and no way of raising them and definitely no money to pay for such extravagance I sat down and had a think

Some potties, white drainpipe and sticky back plastic later...

(I know drainpipe isn't ideal but for tiny pony trotting poles I think its low risk)

e816f5e8-001d-4a42-bb9e-f2358f265da1_zpsgs2jx7fz.jpg

ff7bd721-0b7a-4b78-b5c4-f8afd5287916_zpsm2qy8qql.jpg

Boysy

Visit site
LOL they are fab aren't they, I've had potties as pole raisers for years, mine are pearlescent purple & baby blue, also use downpipes for poles covered in yes you've guessed it, sticky tape. In fact I was just sitting there yesterday re-covering my red taped ones.

Half white guttering makes for a superb smart dressage arena as well. And squared downpipes make excellent poles.

I do also have proper wood poles but the pipes get used an awful lot more as they are so light to move around, I also have some much wider proper drain pipes in grey and brown for x-country jump types.

Having a posh set of jumps doesn't have to cost a fortune if you look around a bit.

fatpiggy

Visit site
Blimey, I just stuck my poles on housebricks for a small pony and learner rider. Now if you had been really good you could have gone door to door like the scrap men - any old potties missus? :)

Kezzabell2

Visit site
what a flippin good idea!! I always use small jump wings but they still get in the way when lunging, so often end up knocking them down with the lunge line!! so love this idea!

fatpiggy

Visit site
Cracking idea but you mentioned safety? Why aren't they 'normally' suitable? Or have I miss interpreted your first post OP?

Plastic anything around a horse's feet aren't a good idea as it shatters easily and could easily cause a nasty injury.

Ladyinred, I hope you weren't planning to use one in the middle of the paddock!