Ralph Tucker- Farrier, Surrey

lillie07

Visit site
Does anybody have any experience with the above?

I am looking for a farrier who is capable of bringing my horses very under run heels up. Somebody who is very focused on the balance and support of the foot/ shoe.

They would also need to travel to Cobham in Surrey!

Think maybe I am looking for the impossible....

Luci07

Visit site
Pretty sure he does one of the horses on our yard who has just shoes with heels fitted. Otherwise our yard uses Marc Lockwood and Chris Khor. Marc lives in Cobham so that would not be a stretch for him!

lillie07

Visit site
Thank you, unfortunately Marc doesn't really have the experience I am looking for, does Chris Khor do much in terms of remedial work do you know?

Bug

Visit site
You could try Tom Stevens - he has done some remedial work on a horse at my yard, something to do with wedges and raising heels. PM if you want his number

cassie summers

Visit site
i have Earnie Walsh he has done wonders with my mares feet and my old horse his feet were great i have used him for the last 7 years and he already does a few yards in cobham i am in bookham

pearcider

Visit site
Id use Peter Gledhill

He is very well thought of by a lot of vets around surrey/Sussex and takes a lot of care with his horses feet.

We use him on everything and he kept a horse that the vet discribed had feet like upside down plastc tea cups! sound to event for years.

fabscd

Visit site
I wouldn't touch two of the above mentioned farriers with someone else's bargepole, having seen the pigs ear...ahem, sorry, shoeing, they have done on horses at my yard. I use Tom Stevens who is very good. Bob Gregory in Bookham is supposed to be good, as his his son Jake (haven't used Bob, have used Jake and he's good)

queenb

Visit site
Another vote for Peter gledhill, he does wonders with all the horses on our yard and is always available to talk you through the best options for your horse. Could not recommend him enough :)

paddy

Visit site
Marc has referred a couple of ours to Chris for remedial work (although Chris maintained Marc was perfectly capable of doing it). Both of them have been great for us. Also Jake Gregory.

crunchie1

Visit site
Another vote for Jake Gregory - there are very few other farriers I would let near mine, none of which are in this area. He is excellent when it comes to remedial work and really cares about the horses he works with - I dont know a vet who wouldnt recommend him either.

Agreed with Fabscd, some dubious recommendations in this thread ..

Jake is on 07881 904 454