Rambo and Amigo Bravo rugs, same cut?

Horsekaren

Visit site
Does anyone have a Rambo with the new shape and an Amigo Bravo 12?
Being the same company are the cuts the same? my 6'3 Rambo fits perfect! I was a little bit lost when it snowed so i have ordered the below Amigo Bravo 12 plus in a 6'3 thinking the cut will be exactly the same :/
looking at it im not so sure :S

Amigo- https://www.thesaddleryshop.co.uk/p_12912_horseware-amigo-bravo-12-plus-medium-250g-turnout-rug

Rambo - https://www.hopevalleysaddlery.co.uk/rambo-original-lite-turnout-with-leg-arches-100g-aaaa96.html

Does anyone have both types, is the sizing the same?

whiteflower

Visit site
I have the Rambo in your second link and also have amigos without neck, I find on mine the amigos come up smaller than the Rambo's so I would say they are a slightly different fit

DirectorFury

Visit site
Amigos definitely come up smaller - mine was 6'3 in the Amigo Bravo Plus and it was on the verge of being too short. Now she's got a 6'3 Rambo Wug and it's actually slightly too big, the 6'0 would have perfect.

TGM

Visit site
Why on earth is rug sizing so bloody confusing?! Surely 6’3 is 6’3! Apparently not.

Two rugs can measure true to 6'3 (when measured from the front of the rug to the back) and still have different cuts. For example, Amigos are generally not very deep, IME, so it is possible that the Rambos are cut much deeper, so would appear to come up bigger even if the measurement from front to back is the same. (Whether this is the case I do not know as never been able to afford a Rambo!)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Two rugs can measure true to 6'3 (when measured from the front of the rug to the back) and still have different cuts. For example, Amigos are generally not very deep, IME, so it is possible that the Rambos are cut much deeper, so would appear to come up bigger even if the measurement from front to back is the same. (Whether this is the case I do not know as never been able to afford a Rambo!)
I guess. I have both. I could lie them together and let you all know!
It’s not just that though I don’t think. New horse has had to have new/second hand rugs to tide him over. So far a 6’3 masta-way too big. A 6’3 Swish-perfect and a 6’ Rhino which is a too small (purchased after the masta!)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I guess. I have both. I could lie them together and let you all know!
It’s not just that though I don’t think. New horse has had to have new/second hand rugs to tide him over. So far a 6’3 masta-way too big. A 6’3 Swish-perfect and a 6’ Rhino which is a too small (purchased after the masta!)