Rambo and Rhino - what is the difference?

Archangel

Visit site
I want to buy a Rhino Wug mediumweight but absolutely hate the chestnut tartan colour - the Rambo Wug is blue which is much better. Apart from the price (gasp) what is the difference?

It is for a very old horse that lives out - he is currently in a Rhino (a nice green one!) but needs a new one for this winter.

mickey

Visit site
I don't know, but there is Amigo too. I would take a look at Horseware Ireland's website - And if you don't get any joy there, or here, then contact their customer services.

0ldmare

Visit site
I think they have 3 price ranges (and qualities), Rambo being the top of the range with the heaviest duty fabric, Rhino which is the mid range one and Amigo which is their 'low price' version. I think the Rambo is made in Ireland, whereas the Amigo is made somewhere overseas. I think the same patterns are used for all of them so the fit should be very similar. Could be wrong though!

rubyred

Visit site
I did buy an amigo once, yes fit was the same but it shredded when his friend got hold of it! Don't have same problem with the rambo so think you may be right

Archangel

Visit site
Thank you for your replies, it is the fit that is important to me as now he is old (33) he has lost a bit on the shoulders. I have had a look at the website and am plumping for the Rambo (not just for the colour!)

Ashkadog

Visit site
Rambo have a ripstop material whereas the Amigo dont, hence why the Amigo could get trashed quicker. The attachments are different and Amigo have T-Bar front closures and Rambo have 'v' front closures and 3 sursingles instead of 2. The main difference between Rhino and Rambo is the material.

dozzie

Visit site
I have used all three and now only bother with the rambos. The rhinos are nowhere near as tough. I have rug buster in my herd and his rambo lasted him all last winter! And is ready to do another with no repairs needed! LOL!!A result! Most rugs last him a week!
crazy.gif

I bought the rhino for my pony but it tore really easily so she has a rambo too now.

(Of course, little miss presshus has a Fal!
grin.gif
)

ElvisandTilly

Visit site
I've just bought a very nice Rhino plus in the 200g weight with the idea of adding under rugs for extra warmth. It has a detachable neck cover and is in blue tartan, much nicer than the chestnut tartan colour! It cost £88.50 from www.discountsaddlery.co.uk. They are local so I called in to collect it and feel at the quality of the material before I bought it. My boy is usually in 6'6" but they recommended a size bigger and I got the 6'9" and it fits really nicely.