Rambo Dry Rug/other coolers

adsthelad

Visit site
Looking at getting the Rambo dry rug for my horse, was wondering if anyone had used it as I want to make sure it does what it says and dries! I like the look of it and the fact that it has a neck, particularly for when he gets sweaty in winter. Also the price is not as bad as some others.

However, I might also replace his current standard neck cooler that doubles as a stable rug sometimes because it's quite tatty and a bit on the small side...though really that's just an excuse to buy him new things. What are Weatherbeeta/Amigo/Mio/Masta etc. like?

Thank you in advance!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
It does but the fittings all rust in short order. I complained and they sent me another and told me they are just coated so you should avoid moist salty situations with the rug. Ok then... check out the fouganza one it sounds similar and a fraction of the price.

adsthelad

Visit site
What a pain, you'd think that a rug designed to dry a wet horse would be able to withstand those sort of conditions. Shame as it seems like a really nice rug, I will take a look at the fouganza one - thanks.

paddy555

Visit site
I got one of these last year. It is the only Rambo rug I have ever had that I hate. It doesn't dry the horse, the velcro on it keeps sticking to the rug and other bits of velcro making it a pain to put on. I also hate the way the front buckles are back to front based on every other rug. The fitting haven't rusted probably as it is kept inside and used so little as I avoid using it unless absolutely necessary

FfionWinnie

Visit site
What a pain, you'd think that a rug designed to dry a wet horse would be able to withstand those sort of conditions. Shame as it seems like a really nice rug, I will take a look at the fouganza one - thanks.

Exactly. Which is what I said to them! I got another Rambo at the same time which has steel fittings and it's fine so defo the coating.

McFluff

Visit site
I really like mine - find it invaluable at this time of year. Takes about an hour to dry (thick coat and wet).
However, do not leave it on pony with a straw bed. Several hours of my life I won't get back!

DirectorFury

Visit site
I got the Decathlon Fouganza one (in fetching neon orange!) for a fraction of the price of the Rambo. It does what it says it will and seems to be holding up nicely :). My only complaint is that it could do with surcingles (..is that how you spell it?) but I'll probably sew them on myself.
The Decathlon ones are only £20.

PerfectCoffee

Visit site
Apparently Rambo advise you shouldn't leave a horse unattended in the stable in one of these because if they roll in one you can never get the bedding out of it agai

!

LCH611

Visit site
I got the Decathlon Fouganza one (in fetching neon orange!) for a fraction of the price of the Rambo. It does what it says it will and seems to be holding up nicely :). My only complaint is that it could do with surcingles (..is that how you spell it?) but I'll probably sew them on myself.
The Decathlon ones are only £20.

Both my Decathlon ones are in their second year and still going strong. They wash well and if I needed surcingles I would probably just layer with another rug over the type. I have 4 greys so generally need to wash before going anywhere, so use these as travelling rugs & they are generally dry by the time I arrive. I may lash out another £20 and get the full neck ones!

paddy555

Visit site
Apparently Rambo advise you shouldn't leave a horse unattended in the stable in one of these because if they roll in one you can never get the bedding out of it agai

!
it cannot take less than an hour to dry. Who exactly has an hour to spare to stand in a stable and make sure the horse doesn't lie down?

albeg

Visit site
it cannot take less than an hour to dry. Who exactly has an hour to spare to stand in a stable and make sure the horse doesn't lie down?

When I use mine, the horse is tied up outside with a bucket of hay to keep him occupied, while I do other jobs. No risk of him lying down.