Rambo Duo or Optimo? Or P.E? Which is best?

TED2010

Visit site
Does anyone know which is better? Or if there is even much difference except that the Optimo is shaped to allow greater freedom of movement. I have a duo that has been unfailably tough over several years, just wondering if the Optimo is as tough? I'm also considering the Premier Equine buster trio. Would anyone recommend this over the rambo rugs? They are all so expensive now but if i buy cheaper rugs like Amigo they fall apart in five minutes and horses just rip them! Thanks

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
PE suit chunkier horses so be aware that if your horse is a finer type, they may be too big around the neck and too deep.

I know that the Optimo comes up bigger, so you would probably need to go down a size if you get that one.

If you love the Duo and it fits your horse, then it might be a good idea to get the same again?

jrp204

Visit site
I brought the PE set and was impressed with it. Most of it is unused since horse has now been retired as a broodie! Typical!! Bought some really nice stuff for her and it never got used. (Including a full set of Dalmar XC boots)

TED2010

Visit site
Thanks Faracat, I have three that need new rugs for winter and they are all different shapes and sizes so useful info. Jrp204, that's annoying, you should get them on eBay or something unless you will have another horse to use them on.

rachyblue

Visit site
The amigo Mio is like paper but the 1200 amigos are a lot tougher and have the liner loops so you can reuse your liners at least!

When it's really cold I just remove the top rug and leave the liner under the stable rug for warmth.

jrp204

Visit site
I need to have a sort out, we have decided not to replace the horse, daughter is hoping to go to uni next year anyway. We have sooo much stuff!

Carsmore

Visit site
My friend really likes her optimo so I bought one last winter. Ive sold it as it twists really badly on my chunky shire x wb mare. I normally love horseware rugs as they seem to fit but I was very disappointed with the optimo. maybe it was just my mares shape. I will be buying a duo for this winter

tikino

Visit site
i have the premier equine one and have a warmblood and love it and fits perfect best rug ever. can't comment on the others as never used them but i am now a premier equine convert and never buy anything else