Rambo Fly Buster Rug & Permethrin

Violet

Visit site
I have emailed Horseware twice, last week and today but they are not bothering to reply so does anyone know if the new Flybuster rug is safe to use on pregnant mares?

I would also like to know for how long the Permethrin will be effective in the rug? I know it says 25 washes but I have also heard that the half life of Permethrin is less than 30 days.

I just want to know if it will be worthwhile paying twice as much as for a normal flyrug.

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Dunno about pregnant mares but last year I got Sunny the Rambo Bug Blaster or whatever it's called and it is totally, awesomely fabulous. There's another make out now that offers the same Permethrin x 25 washes so I assume it's kosher. Can't think that Rambo would be making wild assertions without a shred of evidence. Perhaps they mean you have to wash it 25 times in 30 days lol.

Cyberchick

Visit site
Here is the reply for you.

The permetherin is good for 25 washes. It We recommend you wash it 2-3 times over the season as this will remove the dirt and make the rug more effective. The company who produce the stuff have been using it in hunting, walking and fishing gear, among loads of other things, it is also used for combat gear for the US army.

I have contacted the manufacturers of buzz- off, this is the company who make the stuff and asked about pregnant mares, we have not had this question before. They are based in the US, so it will be a couple of days before they get back to me. I did check their website and they do say it is safe for pregnant women and children, but I will confirm this.

Violet

Visit site
Thanks for emailing them again. I had a reply this morning saying it is 25 washes not just 30 days and that they are contacting the manufacturer of Permethrin to make sure it is safe for pregnant mares.
They will let me know when they get a reply and I will post it here for everyones information.