Rambo Masterclip… help needed on how to use

morrismob

Visit site
Hi,

I bought these clippers in October and cannot get on with them at all ! I find they do not clip well and sometimes not at all. The tension is supposed to be factory set but I have altered it and still no joy. Today I changed the blades well that was a nightmare in itself and then they do not clip the coat at all and went back to my old Liverymans which did the job. Am I doing something wrong, have been clipping for a few years now or do others have problems. Would appreciate any help otherwise they are going lol… thanks

Last edited:

Frumpoon

Visit site
Hiya, I've had terrible trouble with my masterclips, sometimes they clip cleanly and then sometimes they just chew up the coat...I wouldn't buy another pair

Shear Ease

www.sheareaseltd.com
I can confirm the two posts above are part of a general trend. These are a copy of a Heineger Handy and are the best example I know of why you should buy a well known brand rather than a copy made in Timbuktu.

They get noisy quickly because the crank spindle must be made of soft metal and wears very quickly in the crank spindle sleeve. You screw the sleeve into the head. On a Heineger Handy, pretty much at maximum torque the hole for lubricating the spindle lines up perfectly in the head but on this clipper the holes do not line up so you have to have the sleeve loose if you want to be able to lubricate the crank spindle.

There is a gear in the head that is half plastic and half (brass I think), on the Heineger this is never a problem but with this machine the brass separates from the plastic leading to a rattle at best and stripped gear at worst.

The laminated springs are made of who knows what and pretty much always need replacing due to wear and tear.

The bearings are made by who knows who on these things which means they sometimes seize, which ultimately burns out the motor which is again made who knows where to who knows what standard. All heineger clippers are made in switzerland and the motors last a LONG time. The owner would generally not notice the bearings starting to seize because the clipper can get hot and noisy because of any of the above common faults where as on a Heineger you would know something is wrong because every other part still runs smooth and quiet - just like the day it left the factory.

Another issue is manufacturing tolerances. I do not know what precision Heineger or these chinese manufacturers work to but another thing that is apparent is that the precision is not as high in these cheap things.

The above goes for the same clipper branded as 'Showmaster', 'Dextella', 'Huntmaster', 'Masterclip Ranger', 'GTS' and who knows whatever else.

One can only imagine that these things come from a well known international sourcing site - alibaba.com

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/39..._GTS_2004.html

Buy enough of these things and the manufacturer will put your own branding on them.

At £150 these things are not usually worth repairing. We will not fit mickey mouse parts and therefor only fit Heineger parts to them but Heineger parts quickly add up to more than the price this clipper deserves.

The blades are rubbish, they usually only last a clip or two if they are not blunt out of the box but don't expect Masterclip to sharpen them for you for free because they have no sharpening equipment, they are an import company only - outlandish products Ltd...

Princess P

Visit site
I had issues with some masterclip Rambo clippers, so I got in touch with Master clip and their customer service was really good.

Slightly different situation as mine were brand new and died after 5 minutes, but I had a replacement pair with me within 2 working days, so it really is worth contacting customer services to see if they can help.

Shear Ease

www.sheareaseltd.com
And now to wind me neck in slightly... my post above is a 'copy, paste and change a few specifics' job from a post I wrote a few seconds earlier about a chinese clipper branded as Masterclip Ranger... unfortunately first time round I pressed 'reply to thread' again instead of 'post quick reply' and lost the post. I copied and pasted again and forgot to change the details 2nd time around. only just realized and now it's too late to delete! - very sorry! most of the above does not apply to Masterclip Rambo. Maybe still worth a read for those considering these cheap clippers anyway.

wallykissmas

Visit site
I have a pair of Rambo and never had a problem with them, as another person said their customer service is very good so give them a call and I'm sure they will help.