Rambo Optimo Rug - Holes :(

Dyllymoo

Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem with the Rambo Optimo rug (0g) getting holes where the neck liner attachments are but the stitching on the inside and not the outside?

I've had the rug 3 months but it hasn't been used every day. It looks like its a defect in the stitching as there is no way J has caught it as its on the inside and on his wither area.

I have emailed Horsewear and they have said contact who I bought it from. I've contacted the shop online and they have said they have emailed Horsewear.

So frustrating!

Not a cheap rug and now I'm worried its going to get worse, but its the only one he has to wear :( Rug hole 1.jpgRug hole 2.jpgRug Hole 3.jpg

Leo Walker

Visit site
I dont think mine has done this. If I remember I'll check tomorrow. I bought them both second hand and they didnt have holes then, so I assume not. Mines hard on rugs, she trashed a PE in 12 hours! But the Optimo has survived intact so far!

Louby

Visit site
I had a good experience with Horsewear, had to do what you did, as in the shop dealt with Horsewear, it didnt happen overnight but I got a replacement rug. Good Luck hope you get it sorted

Dyllymoo

Visit site
Thanks all. J is not hard on rugs at all, and because its on the inside and where the stitching is it looks to me like a defective rug. I will keep chasing, hopefully I will get a response soon. So frustrating :(

Dyllymoo

Visit site
So this is the response from Horseware:

"Our R&D Department have reviewed the images and advised that it is not a manufacturing fault. It is possible that the rug has rubbed on the horse in some way causing the fabric to wear. We would not recommend replacing the item on this occasion."

Seriously???? I'm fuming. Is there anywhere I can go, i.e. citizens advice or similar. I would be less inclined if the rug was a year old, but I've had it less than 3 months and he hasn't worn it constantly. Livid doesn't even come close.

I've never had a rug do this, and I've never spent so much on a rug before. Definitely wont be doing it again thats for sure!

Dyllymoo

Visit site
Little update. Eventually the shop said they would refund me if I sent the rug back, but it was a gesture of goodwill and they, nor Horseware, admit that it is a manufacturing fault. So the rug is going back today for a full refund (as they stated if it happens again they wont replace it, and I have read a lot of people on Facebook saying they have had similar issues with the rug).

I ordered a Premier Equine 0g turnout Friday evening, that arrive yesterday and fits him well. And was less than half the price with a neck included.... lets hope it lasts more than 3 months!

Andie02

Visit site
Little update. Eventually the shop said they would refund me if I sent the rug back, but it was a gesture of goodwill and they, nor Horseware, admit that it is a manufacturing fault. So the rug is going back today for a full refund (as they stated if it happens again they wont replace it, and I have read a lot of people on Facebook saying they have had similar issues with the rug).

I ordered a Premier Equine 0g turnout Friday evening, that arrive yesterday and fits him well. And was less than half the price with a neck included.... lets hope it lasts more than 3 months!

I used to clean and repair etc horse rugs doing a top quality job, having retired within the last couple of years. Over the years we saw in general a drastic decline in the quality of horse rugs in particular the fabrics used, the much older rugs were far longer lasting. The problem with your rug is that the lining is far too flimsy and the stitching of it has caused perforations, this is something I saw regularly with various brands of rugs, eventually developing into rips where stitched. We found that repairing these linings with our new fabric which is the correct fabric for the job and is much stronger, was sometimes a pain to do as the flimsy fabric very often puckered up when stitching to the stronger fabric, this is of course using the correct thread and needles to do the job. Another problem with the Optimos is that the binding when damaged frays badly and is not hard wearing, the same actually goes for all rugs in the Horseware range that the binding is flimsy. As for the PE turnout rugs I have seen some of these fall apart at the seams when washed due to there not being enough "turn" on them and the so called waterproof tapes at the back of the seams fall off even though the rugs have been washed at 30 degrees and the correct product used to wash them.
The problem with rugs, for a long time now, is that there are too many companies manufacturing them and in the main they are cutting corners to reduce costs.
I hope that you have better luck with your PE rug.