Rambo Summer Series Rug

Ellietotz

Visit site
Morning!
I received my Rambo Summer Series rug in the post yesterday as it was on sale with Kramer and have always wanted one!
Those of you that have one, do you use it throughout summer too and just leave it on? I worry it is slightly warmer on that top strip (without the liner) than my Kool Coat Airstream rug which is polycotton on top but the mesh panels are a lot larger on the Rambo so wasn't sure if this evens out the temperature.

Would love to hear your feedback on it! ?

Bellaboo18

Visit site
I ordered one last weekend, it was her first day in it yesterday and I was very impressed.

It was a warm, muggy day with random sharp showers. I fetched her in and she was dry and a nice temperature. My plan is to use it on any sunny day that is too warm for a no fill. I think it would cope with quite heavy rain.

I change her rug at night but I'm playing with rugs at the moment (possible PSSM) so like her warm but if it wasn't for this yes I'd happily leave it on over night.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
They are brilliant rugs, but I don’t just ‘leave it on’, as it all depends on the weather. My PSSM mare is variously turned out in her summer series rug, (with or without the liner), her 100g fill Rambo turnout or, like today, in her Rambo flybuster with or without the waterproof lining :).

She mostly lives out, so I often swap rugs/liners day to night.

Ellietotz

Visit site
They are brilliant rugs, but I don’t just ‘leave it on’, as it all depends on the weather. My PSSM mare is variously turned out in her summer series rug, (with or without the liner), her 100g fill Rambo turnout or, like today, in her Rambo flybuster with or without the waterproof lining :).

She mostly lives out, so I often swap rugs/liners day to night.

Have you used it on a normal hot summer's day? If so, was it too warm?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
No, I don’t use the summer series rug with liner on a hot sunny summer’s day. My mare needs to be kept warm, but not cooked. The sun on her back through her flybuster rug is plenty warm enough today.

The summer series rug is more geared for the in between days.

Ellietotz

Visit site
No, I don’t use the summer series rug with liner on a hot sunny summer’s day. My mare needs to be kept warm, but not cooked. The sun on her back through her flybuster rug is plenty warm enough today.

The summer series rug is more geared for the in between days.

Sorry, I meant without the liner. I use the Kool Coat Airstream on regular hot days to stop her getting sunburnt on her white patches and it doesn't overheat her at all. I was hoping the summer series would do the same but the soft shell top seems slightly warmer than the polycotton top on the Kool Coat and I don't want her to overheat. I was just wondering if it could be left on for the dry warm days too like the Kool Coat without it getting too warm.

Bellaboo18

Visit site
So to add, I popped to the yard at lunch as it's got quite warm here. She was hotter than I'd like for a 'normal' horse but ok for how I'm keeping her at the moment. I wouldn't want her any hotter and I've actually taken it off and put a fly rug on for the afternoon incase it warmed up anymore.

It's not a hot summers day here so I guess that would definitely be out of the question.

I think it's trial and error!

Ellietotz

Visit site
So to add, I popped to the yard at lunch as it's got quite warm here. She was hotter than I'd like for a 'normal' horse but ok for how I'm keeping her at the moment. I wouldn't want her any hotter and I've actually taken it off and put a fly rug on for the afternoon incase it warmed up anymore.

It's not a hot summers day here so I guess that would definitely be out of the question.

I think it's trial and error!

Thank you! This is good to know.

lannerch

Visit site
My horse has had his summer series on all summer , so far he’s not been to hot in it even when it’s been really warm, I have a normal fly rug but there’s just been no need to put it on .
He’s out 24 hours and has been in it since may .