rambo sweetitch hoody sizing

maggiehorse

Visit site
hi
i,m thinking of buying one of these for my 17 hh warmblood , he normally takes a 6ft 6 rug but i,ve heard these rigs come up small around the shoulders , has anyone got any experience of this ?

neighneigh

Visit site
I would go for a 6ft9 yep. Better to be a bit big than too small and uncomfortable.

I had a sweet itch horse for 12 years and tried ALL of the fly rugs!! This is definitely the best one IMO!!

welshies

Visit site
Glad you asked this one maggiehorse, and sorry to hijack your post!, but i am thinking of getting SIH instead of a boett as my boy destroys them but wasn't sure of the sizing, he is a yound shire that hasn't filled out, he's 18.2 but measures a 7' rug, he has tiny should atm but was still thinking a 7'3? was also worried the neck would be too short as his a crossed with a giraffe! Does anyone have issues with the neck or them not being very deep?

neighneigh

Visit site
The neck is one of the sweet itch hoody's best features IMHO as it is long and comes right up to their ears.

Even if you don't have their ears through the ear holes, the rug stays in place so the top of their mane isn't exposed.

It used to annoy me when I bought fly rugs and the material finished half way up his neck!

My boy was middleweight and the neck piece fitted well. He was 15.1hh and wore a 6ft3 (he was quite long!).

I would definitely recommend going up a size for "big-boned" horses!! Much better for them to have an extra inch of material at the back (that doesn't effect them) and have plenty of space around their shoulders and neck.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I can only speak for my 12hh pony, but hers is true to size. She is very narrow in front, though. You won't regret buying one. A Neighneigh says, the neck stays put even without the ears through the holes. I've just washed mine for the first time and it's already gone back on her. She's looking so good I even had a *brief* thought about showing her, lol!

maggiehorse

Visit site
thanks everyone , will just be popping to bank to arrange huge mortgage to be able to afford two of them as hubby has decided his horse wants one too

ThePony

Visit site
I've found it true to size, my girl is a sturdy 6'6' (6'9' in some cheapy makes) and the rambo 6'6 is bang on - nice long neck and shoulder space!

hayinamanger

Visit site
My Dales mare used to need a 6'6'', I'd definitely go to at least a 6'9''. These rugs are great, definitely the best available imo.