Rambo - the cheaper way?!

MagicMelon

Visit site
There's no way Im forking out almost £200 for a Duo. Ive noticed you can buy the liners for like £20 in some places. So.... can you buy the outer (waterproof) shell somewhere sepaerately too? If the outer is about the same price as the liner, so £40 in all - thats WAY cheaper than the Duo yet still the same!!

Am I just wishful thinking??

S_N

Visit site
AFAIK the fillers that you can buy have a 100gm filling. The one that comes with the actual Duo is 300gms! The outer is 100gms. This extra filler simply gives another option for the same rug - 100+100= MW TO. 100+100+300= extra HW TO.

Louby

Visit site
Lady on our yard uses Rambo LW wug and the fillers. The amigo range do two different weights, 100 and 300 so she has choice of LW, MWish and HW.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Just bought a 7ft Rambo Duo off ebay for £179. Unfortunately you can't buy the outer shell just on it's own - it comes with the lightweight underrug.

It is an expensive rug - but absolutely worth every penny. We have two at the yard who are starting their second winter in them - they only come off when the horses are ridden. They have stood up to the hard wear extremely well, and still look virtually brand new.

Like anything with Rambo - can't really rate them highly enough.

kick_On

Visit site
sorry they don't,
ebay is the cheapest place i just sold my duo on ebay and you pay about £170 ish depending on size, but you only have to but one rug as amymay says, worth it's weight in gold
I have the orignal rambo and we on winter number 10!!! and still going strong and we do have have newer one and they just look as new. I've seen people at yard go through soo... many different rugs and spend twice as much as me on rugs!! Buy quality and it lasts or should do........

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yeah, but I have 5 horses right now. To kit them all out in duo's would come to minimum £850!

I tend to buy Weatherbeeta's like the Arion's (2nd most expensive one) which are now on their 4th winter and still look pretty good.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yeah! Although I guess only 2 of mine really could do with proper rugs as they're the main ones who are clipped etc. most. I just like the thought of being able to change them so much like using the thin liner for spring then thick one in winter etc. I seem to have a million rugs (you think Im joking.... each horse must have 10 rugs each.....) yet STILL find myself right now needing a mediumweight rug for them both!!! It'll never end I tell you!!!!!!!