Rambo vs Amigo?

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
The boys got soaked through last night. Their 600d Amigo Lites didn't cope at all with so much rain all night, and my horses came in shivering, wet through and very itchy. So, I'm afraid I'm going to have buy them each a better lite turnout...but what to buy?
I do like the fit of horsware normally so I think I'd prefer to stay with it.

Is the Amigo 1200d lite turnought really waterproof in heavy rain?

The other Option is the Rambo no fill lite turnout. - The difference in price is over £100 though. So why the massive price difference?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Don't forget the Rhino rugs. I have a LW Rhino and it's always been fully waterproof in very heavy, stormy rain, it's about three years old now.

The 1200d Amigo is much better than the 600d version, which is really only showerproof IMO.

The Rambo rugs are brilliant, but I've only ever been able to afford one once. It has lasted really, really well (I have a friend who's Rambo lasted 14 years!) and I think that it will end up being a good buy as the Amigos don't last the same, so you have to replace them alot sooner.

kerilli

Visit site
I've never had the 1200 denier Amigos leak.
I really rate the Rambo rugs, they really do last for well over a decade.
Have a look at FAL unlined lightweights too, they last for ever and are truly waterproof.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
ours are in rhinos too, though they don't (or didnt) do a lw rhino with the v-neck so our lightweights are PE which keep them completely dry but they are heavier rugs than the rhinos.

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about Rhinos.

I'm quite tempted to try a Fal. I know they're excellent quality too. How are they for fit and rubbing shoulders? Do Fal rugs fit a specific type of horse better?

That's the one thing I like about horseware; they seem to be made to measure for TB types and I've never had anything rubbed bare.

chrissyc

Visit site
I have the amigo 1200, much much more waterproof than the 600D would never go back to the 600D now and my boy uses his LW one a lot in the winter :)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I have found that Fals are better for chunky types. My friend with a Welsh D found them to be a perfect fit on her horse.

Izzwizz

Visit site
I have the Amigo 600d and have washed and re-proofed it a couple of times, it has held up to heavy rain. The 1200d is obviously thicker so shouldnt have a problem with heavy rain atall. As for the FAL rugs, they are good but have heard varying reports as to their quality nowadays, made in China or somewhere and reportedly not as good as they used to be.

Cadfael&Coffee

Visit site
My Rambo no fill is the best and most adaptable rug I own, and is lasting wonderfully well.

If I ever need to replace it, I will replace it with exactly the same thing due to being so impressed with it!!!

I got mine off eBay for £50 too :D:D:D

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
I made my decisions and have parted with my cash.
I bought a 1200d Amigo Lite (for my retired, but sensitive TB), and a Rambo original Lite (for my little superstar). The Rambo cost double what the Amigo did, so I'll be interested to find out if I think the Rambo's worth twice as much :)

Dandycandy

Visit site
i love all horseware rugs i think they are great. ive never had a problem with my 600d llites though what you have to remember is that the 600d is the thinnest rug outer. 1200d is thicker thus stronger and i would imagine more waterproof. the rhino are again really thick outer though i cant remember how much their denier is but i know its high so the fabric is more hard wearing.
i think if you need something more waterproof then go for a rhino or a rambo as they are the thickest outers.

Business

Visit site
I made my decisions and have parted with my cash.
I bought a 1200d Amigo Lite (for my retired, but sensitive TB), and a Rambo original Lite (for my little superstar). The Rambo cost double what the Amigo did, so I'll be interested to find out if I think the Rambo's worth twice as much :)

So would I so please let us know. My 1200d Amigo lw has never leaked, and my Rambo original hw lasted the best part of a decade, was fine till the YO at the yard I was on at the time decided to send it too be washed.....leaked after that. So cross. I never wash NZ rugs.

rambling

Visit site
Another Horseware fan here , I still use my Original (green with red binding) which must be 15 years old and was one of the first they made.

A friend had the same problem with the Amigo light and they told her it was only meant to be showerproof . At the time I think we figured that the navy ones weren't as waterproof as the green ones. Strange , but very disappointing that they weren't more helpful.

I would only buy Rambo or Rhino now.