Rambo Wug front clips

Louby

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone elses have broken. One of the front clips on mine was broke this morning, the 'twizzly' trigger clip has come away from the bit its supposed to 'twizzle' in if that makes sense :D Ive had to do a make shift job with some bailing twine. My rugs on its 3rd winter so Im going to have to just get it repaired.
Odd thing is, the other 2 horses that wear wugs have done exactly the same.

friesian80

Visit site
Mt welsh secB has one, trigger clips are still intact but I have on occasion found the rug with one clip undone. Not sure how she manages to get it uncliped.
Mine is on its first winter and im really imressed with it.
Could you not order that sort of clip off ebay and do a home repair?

akashapachamama

Visit site
I am a big rambo fan and have never had this happen. How strange,
However, if you need clips, I have some spare from an old rambo which died,I saved all the metal parts. Let me know, im happy to send them if you need.

Louby

Visit site
Awww thank you :D I may have to take you up on your kind offer if I cant find anything knocking arround. I do have another wug but with a ripped lining but its too good apart from that to start chopping clips off it. I dont want to repair it myself as my stitching wont be as good as a proper machine and it needs to be strong at the front so when its sent to be cleaned I will ask them to do the repair.
I love Rambos too and find it really odd that 3 have broke in the same place within a few weeks of each other. These horses arent in the same field so its not like theres something the are catching it on :confused::confused:

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
If you go to the saddlers you'll find a double ended clip, only about £1.50 so you can clip onto both ends otherwise use a lead rope clip and put both rings onto the clip (but that might make it a bit tighter)

Louby

Visit site
Thanks. Thats what I need a double ended clip :D
The clip thats broken off will fasten the rug together but it leaves the long pointed bit (opposite end to the clip) stuck outwards or inwards and with our track record, it is inevitable he will somehow hurt himself on it :(
Off to find a double ended clip :D:D

dotty1

Visit site
Both the front clips broke on my wug. I took them off completely, just leaving the rings and bought 2 double ended trigger clips from Ebay. Has worked fine for the past 2 winters.
I keep a few spare clips as all the front and leg strap clips on my Mark Todd rugs have broken in the same way.

oscarwild

Visit site
Again it happened to mine a few years back. The rug was a good few years old by then.
Emailed horseware and they sent out replacements FOC.

I also have a John Whitaker rug with detachable surcingles and when I lost a surcingle after lending the rug to a friend. They sent out 2 surcingles FOC as well.