Ramiro B

scottyg

Visit site
My mare is in foal to Ramiro. Anyone on here have offspring by him? My mare is 7/8 Selle Francais by Harlequin Du Carel X Felice De Champeix. Any pics welcome.

Irish gal

Visit site
Have had none by him myself but he has a facebook page with lots of horses by him featured there. Also a 3 year-old by him topped the Gorresbridge Go for Gold sale last year at a very eye popping €53,000!

emmah

www.amazingpase.co.uk
Have a look at Harthill Stud they own him and have lots of nice youngsters by him. Oliver Townend rates his youngsters and has several that he competes all of which as successful. My 2year old was based there until just recently and I can honestly say I have never seen one of his babies that wasn't beautiful :)

scottyg

Visit site
Thank you both for your replies. I am on his Facebook page and Harthill studs. All offspring have looked totally lovely, and I have heard that they are so trainable . Though I was hoping to find offspring out of amature mares too, as a lot of the ones i have seen have been out of top class, proven competition mares.

exmoorponyprincess1

Lanarkshire Lass trying out Somerset for size :)
Visit site
We have a 2yo granddaughter of Ramiro B - her sire is Whitehawk Darcey who is the son of Ramiro B and he is an absolute gent. He runs with a herd of broodmares and is always exceptionally pleased to see people (in the gentlest of ways!) and very happy to stand with you in the field for as long as you are willing to give him fuss and scratches despite the mares running rings around! The 2yo filly (we have had her since weaning - the dam used to belong to a friend and now is a broodmare with the whitehawk stud - she is Woolaston Melissa who is sired by Langarth Triple so we have pretty good lines both sides for the filly) has proven to be a total gem...very willing to learn and polite, if she gets over excited about anything all it takes is a stern word and she checks her own behaviour. And the movement that she has!!! Wow!
We love her so much we have just put a deposit down on her full brother born about 6 weeks ago! :)

ETA if you google Whitehawk Spotted Horses you will find Whitehawk Darcey pics (he is definitely not spotty though! The stud is expanding and diversifying!) - I think he is adorable and he is out of an "ordinary" mare from what I understand.

Last edited:

Aredis

Visit site

scottyg

Visit site
Thanks for replies everyone. I've heard nothing but good to be honest. Ramiro is lovely in person too, very nice in the stable. When is your mare due Steve? Im hoping to breed an eventer, My mare is harlequin du carel x felice De champeix