Random injury.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I think I have Scoot Boot Thumb (rather than Tennis Elbow). I sometimes get arthritis type pains in some finger joints so I just thought it was that at first. But I was rubbing it and the tendon started crackling under my finger so thats more tendinitis isn't it?

It's my right thumb and it hurts the very most during the exact action of pulling the front straps across on the Scoot boots. I have 8 boots to put on and take off daily! ? Got MrPF to do the boots for a couple of days and the pain eased. I did all 8 again today and it's hurting again. Making some fantastic cracks and pops though.

I just need to go back to resting it don't I? Or adjust my technique.

I think this is my daftest injury apart from when I kept getting The Claw Hand whenever I was throwing bedding against the walls to sift the poos out...

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
It does sound like overuse and utilising OH is the best solution other than copious amounts of Ibuprofen. I now live on the stuff having decided that you only live once and if needs must I would rather use it and not hurt than be in constant pain and not be able to get out of bed in the morning. It is prescription stuff though and I take a stomach inhibitor as well.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
It does sound like overuse and utilising OH is the best solution other than copious amounts of Ibuprofen. I now live on the stuff having decided that you only live once and if needs must I would rather use it and not hurt than be in constant pain and not be able to get out of bed in the morning. It is prescription stuff though and I take a stomach inhibitor as well.

Ooof. I'm finding even a thumb being this painful really horrible! I'd definitely be hitting the painkillers hard if it was more than a thumb! There's only so much you can rest, I find with the arthritis type pains I get I'm better to keep going and keep all the joints moving. I think with this it might actually benefit from rest.

It's been one of those "what on earth is going on in there?" type of injuries all week. Then today it's just clicked.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I can't pull them on with my left thumb, it's dicky and the right one not much better. I use a hoof pick and use that to fasten the straps.

Oooo, I could try that. I bet I end up thumping myself in the face somehow when the hoof pick slips. ? But I can try it.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Oooo, I could try that. I bet I end up thumping myself in the face somehow when the hoof pick slips. ? But I can try it.
You need a pointy hoof pick and there's a knack to it but once you get the hang of it it works well.you put the end of the pick through the hole then twist it round the knob.