random/lack of rotine

samsaccount

Visit site
I am just wondering if a random routine could have a negative affect on the horse?
Just the person who keeps her horse with me seems to keep her horse in one week, she is turned for a few days, in a day or so, back out to stay on a night, and so on and so forth.

eg - wasn't stabled the night before last night, was stabled last night but is not yet stabled tonight and since it is nearly 11pm i don't think she will be brough in.

Just wondering that because she is sometimes left out and sometimes stabled, whether it would have a negative affect on the horse at all? Just curious about it that is all as my lad has a set routine (out at about 6am ish, in bed and munching his tea at roughly the same time on a night) and seems happy, yet his gf seems to have become increasingly moody, and my lad is usualy more moody than she is...

Just wondering if it is ok to have a random routine such as that or if it is best to stick to, either out every night or in every night (give or take a night or so here or there).

Opinions please, thanks

Tia

Visit site
Didn't I just answer this post?
crazy.gif
You must have posted it in another forum
confused.gif

Horses prefer routine.......however they get used to randomness. It's no big deal to most horses to cope with.

the watcher

Visit site
Although I think in general it is better to have some kind of routine, many horses cope very well without it.

Sometimes the routine works more as a discipline for the handler than actually meeting the needs of the horse

samsaccount

Visit site
Tia yes it is SY also.

Thank you both for replying, wasn't sure if this randomness would affect the mare, as she is used to a routine in the winter and her owner has said that she is worse to handle this winter than last I personaly have put it down to lack of routine but could be wrong.