Random post but anyway...

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Walking the mutt this morning and had a look at his morning dump like I normally do (dos anyone else have obsessive tendancies to peer at their dogs poo? I do it with the horse too!) and noticed some little white bits in it...

He is a bit overdue to be wormed so got home and put some Advocate on him - tho they looked like bits of tapeworm and couldn't find anything on the packet to suggest it helps with Tapeworm - does anyone know if it does? Or it doesn't can you recommend a good tapewormer?

Anyhoo... took him out for his evening walk and the regular peering at his afternoon poo and on closer inspection noticed it wasn't bits of tapeworm but bits of wheat!!!

The little toad has been hoovering up under the bird tables - I'd noticed him snuffling round there but hadn't realised he was actually eating the seed that had dropped onto the floor!

Anyway, pointless post I know but just thought I'd share...

Visit site
Haha.

My dog's not quiet the same, but she loves haveing a squeakey ball, and if she dosn't have one then she moves onto rocks, and managed to loosen all of her bottom front teeth. She is small, and likes the squeak, so I finally manage to find a pack of six, ones at the right size. She kept buring them in the snow so I'd think she had lost them so I get a new one out. She now has two left in the pack (unused) and now that the snow has thawed out, I found three in the garden and one under the chair.

Pix

Visit site
Another obsessive poo-stalker here I'm afraid :( My most interesting find to date has been a whole, perfectly preserved, pickled onion. I did have the most terrible WTF?! moment until I managed to identify the large, round, shiny white object.

Advocate doesn't do tapeworm unfortunately. I have mine on monthly Advocate and then use Drontal every 3 months for the tapeworm. Has him covered for just about everything, though I do worry now and then about the amount of wormer being pumped into him constantly.

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Glad to hear I'm not the only poo stalker - but 'yikes' to finding a pickled onion!! My dad's lab did do one once perfectly encased in a net after he'd (the dog that is, not my dad!) nicked a joint of pork!

Drontal - that's the stuff I was thinking of, although vet mentioned to leave some time between giving Advocate and Drontal as there have been some records of collies having adverse reactions to the two if given too closely together. At least I think it was Drontal.

s4sugar

Visit site
In my first year of running a boarding kennels I had dogs pass;-
a plastic pig pong size ball,
a pair of red scanty knickers,
partial socks,
various bits of plastic
and the head of a rubber (plastic) duck.

I took great delight in handing the Dobe's owners their missing undergarment (laundered and in a poly bag).

Worms are nothing after this lot.

Pix

Visit site
Glad to hear I'm not the only poo stalker - but 'yikes' to finding a pickled onion!! My dad's lab did do one once perfectly encased in a net after he'd (the dog that is, not my dad!) nicked a joint of pork!

Drontal - that's the stuff I was thinking of, although vet mentioned to leave some time between giving Advocate and Drontal as there have been some records of collies having adverse reactions to the two if given too closely together. At least I think it was Drontal.

Probably not a bad idea to leave a gap, if only because it's a lot at once. I'm trying to widen Loki's gap but with the Drontal every 3 months I've decided it's easier to leave the Advocate a little over a month each dose, so that next time it's due it will be a week since the last Advocate... if that makes any sense at all :confused:

The poo-stalker in me is both intrigued and horrified at the same time by the idea of perfectly netted poo :D

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Knickers... lol, luckily I haven't had that to cope with!!

Pix - we were leaning toward the utterly horrified when he ate it (or sucked it down being a lab, I don't think it even touched the sides!) and utterly relieved and I admit it, a bit fascinated when it came out!! Luckily it came out as it did, we were on tenterhooks for several hours in case it caused a blockage.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Thank God I'm not the only one who stares at poo! My lot have teeny weird hard poos since going raw. Bear helpfully brought me some in to inspect earlier: I was delighted! (not :()

Brownmare

Visit site
We have grain stored in a shed for cattle feed and Dash enjoys eating it - in fact fro the first few weeks while it still had novelty value some of his poos were nearly neat grain :eek: (I'm afraid we call them k9 flapjacks :eek: )

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
We rescued a lab about two months ago. He's only one, and into everything - very puppy like! He managed to get into the hen's corn about two weeks after he arrived. It must have heated up and got wet in his stomach, as he did "popcorn" poos all over the house that night - usually he barks to go out, but these must have been instant! It was like pop-up poo!

Llewellyn

Visit site
Pips poo is mustard yellow and as you pick it up it turns into powder...weird. *shrug* :confused: Is that natural?

But she did have something in it a while ago and on closer inspection she had been eating the rabbit food. :eek: