Random urges to get another horse!?

LollyDolly

Visit site
Ok, so a bit of a pointless thread really...

But does anyone else get the urge to have another horse? Even though it defies all logic?
I mean, my youngster has just started his competitive career after being broken in and it's not like there is something which I want to do that he can't. He is fully capable of doing everything I want so there is no logical reason for wanting another horse, and yet I keep finding myself getting drawn to Horsemart and the like thinking "I bet I could handle another..."

Surely I can't be the only one?

And I can't make my mind up what I'd go for, one minute I want a yearling so that I can do everything from scratch, then next minute I want a nice youngster which I can break and compete (despite just doing this with my own last winter haha!) and then I decide that I'd prefer a showing horse, either a flashy Welsh D or a lovely coloured cob (or maxi cob!)
It's insane!

I just need to keep repeating to myself that I would have no money, most likely fail out of uni due to lack of time, the OH would most certainly leave me and I would be disowned by my family! ;) They already seem to think that I have an animal hoarding problem *twitch*...

Why are horses so bloody addictive??

mandwhy

Visit site
Haha I haven't even bought one yet and I'm already plotting for at least a pet pony next!

My OH seems to want to hoard multiple lizards and the associated live food that comes with them :-0 I think we're even!

OFG

Visit site
YES!

Have got my eye on what looks very much like a TB youngster, possibly just out of racing, which is in a field at the end of the road where I keep mine.

It is stunning (IMO) and has a real presence about it (sorry for calling it 'it' but havent gotten close enough to see if mare / gelding)

Which reminds me, must call owners of field and see if they want to sell :rolleyes::D

Have some crazy wish to have a P2P'er. Anyone want to be my jockey?!

Javabb94

Visit site
I gave up for a about 5 years when I was 11 and then when I was 16 I had the random urge to get another - it's the best thing I ever did, tbh I should never have given up in the first place! I was at a county show watching the workers and had the urge then!

Mongoose11

Visit site
Once every three months or so I will waste hours at a time trawling horsemart etc because I want another horse. I will never get a second one as I only have time to ride one but I love thinking about it. The only time I would really get a second is if Madam had to be retired for some reason.

Just last night I was set on purchasing a 17.2 Bay from Cambridgeshire.

Sigh.

Allie5

Visit site
At least once a week! Hopefully the urge will ease when my three year old actually starts work (later this "summer"). Then I have his 2 yr old brother to concentrate on next year so that "should" keep me occupied! Its worst when I see the other liveries going out hacking and I think maybe I could squeeze in a little low maintenance cob or native........Must resist!!

flump

Visit site
Dont!

I casually mention it would be nice to get a companion for my retired tb and another horse for riin.. (had one ridden ex racer one retired!
I now have (bearing in mind I only sad his weeksago!)

2 ridden ex racers
2 retired ex raer
and one fruit loop p2p that is a ppaently a **** has dodgy legs!

lcharles

Visit site
Yes, i've got two at the moment with temptation to get another! With me, i like a challenge, so once my one crazy horse has been tamed-which he is pretty much now, i need another wild. I like the rearing, bucking, tried to kill their previous owners kind of horse, once they are showjumping/xc/team chasing etc then i need a new one.

Not the type you generally find in classifieds though! x

debsg

Visit site
Yes, and I did! I have Blaze, my cob mare. She is now being shared by my friend. My TB, Jasmine is 5 and I have just taken on a 15hh Anglo Arab with a smidge of Welsh, dark chestnut mare. She is an advanced endurance horse and we are going to have loads of fun!
Btw I am 53, work 48 hrs a week (nights) to pay for my girls. Everyone thinks I'm nuts :D
Do I care? Not a bit! I'm enjoying myself :D

happyhacking:)

Visit site
Im so glad I'm not the only one who has this problem! Think I have an addiction problem! Maybe there's a need for a horse addicts anonymous lol.

I'm thinking seriously bout getting no 3. No 1 is out of action. No 2 is still a baby. So have nothing to ride for time being so that will be the justification for having no 3. Trouble is finding no 3 as I'm looking for specific breed at a reasonable price.

spottydottypony

Visit site
Elleskywalker i know where there is one for £120!!! Hes so cute hes on the dreaded Dragon Driving hes only 5 yrs old and is quite thin. He needs a new owner :0) I am so tempted to buy another i have 3 already! I am banned from going to horse sales as i will always bring one home!

connieconvert

Visit site
Yes, I do all the time.
I spend time every day looking through horse ads. I have two spare stables at the moment and imagine what horse's head could be whickering at me in the mornings over the stable door.

Will I ever grow up?

fallenangel123

Visit site
Me too, found a fantastic looking youngster about 3.5 hours drive away. In some ways I'm glad it's not closer or I'd go and see it anyway! As it is I'm wondering how to get it from middlesborough to the east midlands without my husband noticing. I could always tell him I found it tied to the gate!!

PandorasJar

Visit site
Have 6 now and keep on looking at more. tbf all ours are babies or broodies, so should look at a riding horse, problem is lots of foals keep popping up....

Pan

diet2ride

Visit site
Oh yes... And i found one i was really interested in but then my pc went down and when i came back online it had been sold.

i was soo gutted I started looking with the idea of replacing the one i hadn't even had.

not sure if its lucky or not but i have since seen anything that interests me.

phew.