Ranitidine

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I have done in the past. If you are trying to cure ulcers, you'll find the dose rates on line and you need a lot of it. Some sites say you need to feed it four times but apparently it will work on three. But it's a short acting stuff so you can't feed it once a day like the xxx'azole' proton pump inhibitor drugs.

ycbm

Visit site
Dose rate for horses is 6.6mg per kilo, three times a day.

I don't understand why anyone is talking about 150mg or 300mg, when the dose rate is 3,300 mg for a 500kg horse?

Can someone please explain?

Duke

Visit site
Dose rate for horses is 6.6mg per kilo, three times a day.

I don't understand why anyone is talking about 150mg or 300mg, when the dose rate is 3,300 mg for a 500kg horse?

Can someone please explain?

It’s just the strength of the tablets. My horse was on 20 300mg tablets twice a day.

ycbm

Visit site
It’s just the strength of the tablets. My horse was on 20 300mg tablets twice a day.

That's what I don't understand. When you have to give so much, what is the difference between giving it in tablets of 20mg, 150mg or 300 mg? Still puzzled by the original question, especially if it's not about treating ulcers.

ellie_e

Visit site
That's what I don't understand. When you have to give so much, what is the difference between giving it in tablets of 20mg, 150mg or 300 mg? Still puzzled by the original question, especially if it's not about treating ulcers.

Im not sure what your getting at? You would need to feed twice the amount if only feeding the 150mg compared to the 300mg. 150mg is easier to get hold of though.

ycbm

Visit site
I'm not sure what your getting at? You would need to feed twice the amount if only feeding the 150mg compared to the 300mg. 150mg is easier to get hold of though.

Exactly, which is perfectly obvious. So what is Britestar actually enquiring about?