Rare Breeds?

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I dont know about in France but these are quite rare here, my friends Trait Breton...Belle :D

644687_214219195390405_2077860689_n-1_zps0c922529.jpg

559730_214219208723737_435203102_n_zpse6e47e8b.jpg

She is 15.1h and built like the proverbial brick s**t house :D:p

Suffolkangel

Visit site
Who holds the stud book? Is there no way of registering part breds? We have strict rules for CB's but we do have a part-bred register and a 'grading register' where part-breds can be bred back to pure breds.

Unfortunately she was pass ported with farm key, and paper work proving who her mother is has been lost... :-(

RutlandH2O

Visit site
Rutland - your little donkey has no eyes :-O so cute!

She actually has the biggest brown eyes with eyelashes to die for! I'm constantly brushing her eye hair in sweeps to the right and left. I had thought about using some styling gel! As she matures she will lose most of that eye covering.

I apologise to everyone for my hopelessness posting photos. What I've learned is it is very important to log in to one's Photobucket account before attempting to post pictures...duh!

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
This is Fany, and she is not an Exmoor but an Ardennes (Trait Ardennais.) A cold blood draught breed from Belgium, and one of the oldest breeds in the world. They are used for logging in the dense European forests, and generally the same way Shires and Clydesdales are used over here.

June2010010.jpg

And this is Captain, he is a Gelders Paard,or Gelderlander. They are a Dutch breed and are getting rare, so much so that the Dutch recently had a year of the Gelders paard. They are part of the KWPN studbook.They are used for carriage driving, EDT and for riding.

winter2009-2010075.jpg

Suffolkangel

Visit site
Is her mother still alive ? I know with Welsh you can get DNA testing to prove parentage.

Same for CB's DNA is better than a passport....as we have all found!!

I've been tying to trace her mother for the last year with no success, she's registered with the Welsh society. Her grand father who is the purebred Caspian was unfortunately put down by red wings many years ago, but that's another very sad story... between myself and the Caspian society we have managed to get her family tree, but without this one bit of paper there is nothing we can do. I even suggested DNA testing but as she's now 13 and her grand father is dead there is nothing to compare it with...

kat2290

Visit site
Well if its the school I'm thinking of then she is one of the ponies I'm currently having lessons on, she's great :)

~ Clear Light ~

Visit site
I have had my Akhal Teke for 16 years now. He has been the society points champion and was reserve champion at one of their shows. No photos to hand as on phone at work but there is one on my website of us jumping into the water at Denne Hill MANY years ago!!

He mainly taught me how to stay on and is probably the reason I've not taken a tumble in a while hehe.

Www.clearlightequestrian.co.uk

kinskycookie

Visit site
Love the little Exmoors!
Mine's not technically a rare breed but any excuse to share a picture...
There's a 1/4 knabstrupper and a 1/4 Kinsky in there and he's finished off with KWPN :D
IMG_0609.jpg
IMG_0607-1.jpg

pip6

Visit site
Do my Crabbets count as rare british breed line although they are not a different breed to arabs?