RASE sell Royal show Trophys

sywell

Visit site
http://theauctionroom.com/auctions/36

The majority of this collection was gifted to the RASE and I have to say that I am pretty disgusted that they have not simply been gifted back to those breeds and other associations, for whom they have a real historical meaning. However, letting as many people know as possible seems to be only thing to do at this, the eleventh hour.

With Best wishes

Libby Henson

Grassroots Systems Ltd, PO Box 251, Exeter, EX2 8WX
RASE ruined one of the great shows by their inabilty to run it properly and instead of creating a visitor attraction on the show ground they are selling the lot off. As a member of the breeds advisory group who every year recommended improvements to the show the unwillingness of RASE to follow advice and then dump it on one of Heseltine's companies who told how great the improvements which never happened. Those who participated in the Grand Parade in the main ring will never forget the experience.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I don't think it's right either :(

I'm also horrified by a buyer's premium of 28.8% or is that normal nowadays?

honetpot

Visit site
Some of these trophies have a guide price of hundreds of pounds. It would have been nice if the trophies had been offered back but I am not sure if RASE is a charity and the trustees have would then have to get as much money for them as possible. I wonder where the East of England show trophies have ended up? The morel of this is if you gift something for s specific purpose make sure its in writing that once that purpose has gone it is returned to you or your descendants.
I used to live in a village where land had been donated to the church for the grazing of sheep by a family, eighty years pass and the church is selling it for building land, the family get nothing.