RATS - Aint they the Best!

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
Now, I own a lean, mean rat killing machine in the form of a Border Terrier. The most efficient killer of rats I have ever seen. He once decapitated a rat in 0.5 seconds. The head left, the torso right, end of. I've also loved and lost (naturally :()fancy rats and what delightful little creatures they were but this...this is just amazing:)

http://www.apopo.org/cms.php?cmsid=107

I've got a baseball hat from them, so if you see a small, dark haired late 30's woman wandering around wearing it and wonder - yes it's me!!!!!:D

Last edited:

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Omg, I love this!

I don't like rats in the stables, but did get to play with the Harry potter rats for a few weeks and they were awesome :)

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I remember seeing this on the news a few years ago and checked the date to make sure it wasnt an April fool.:D Its amazing work they do and we all know how intelligent rats are so there is no limit to their potential.

I still dont like rats though:D but will make an exception for them.:D

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
I remember seeing this on the news a few years ago and checked the date to make sure it wasnt an April fool.:D Its amazing work they do and we all know how intelligent rats are so there is no limit to their potential.

I still dont like rats though:D but will make an exception for them.:D

Trust me, if you love dogs you will love pet rats. :D They really make wonderful pets. I got my first rat (Ratty - original:eek:) when I was first married, prior to our Whippet. I taught him to fetch! He would sleep in the drawer of the dining table and loved fried eggs. Marvellous creature.:)

WeedySeaDragon

Visit site
Rats are totally awesome and the hero rats even more so.

They're brilliant little pets, all mine used to come to call (not individually, en masse which is somehow even cuter) and begged just like dogs when we were eating.

Horribly addictive though, over the space of a few years we had about 30 :eek:

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Harry Potter rats!!??? You can't just say that without explaining the circumstances!:D

I did work experience there for a few weeks so fed, walked and watered whatever they had, fang - played by four different neopolitan mastiffs, mrs mcgonagall, along with lots of other cats, loads of other dogs, owls, pigs (the ones from the front of ron weasleys house) guinea pigs, a fox and the rats!

One memorable day they asked me to spend a few hours playing with the rats to see which ones were suitable for kids to handle, ie which ones bit people :rolleyes:
The rats were ace, and I didn't get bitten once :)

I saw the number for the company at the end of of article in fhm, rang and asked. At the end of my time there the boss asked who I knew on the inside to get the work experience and he was shocked when I said no-one! Goes to show, you don't ask you don't get ;) :D