Rats!!!!

Nocturnal

Visit site
I hate the bastards! First they ate my rug, and then they shat on it!!
shakingmad.gif

If I ever get a hold of them they'll rue the day!

RIP Thermatex :(

Ilovefoals

Visit site
Flippin beasts had made a wonderful cosy nest out of my very expensive wool rug. Then they met my very large, half wild tom cat! Bahahahaha!!!

hobnob

Visit site
Do you have a fearless little terrier or a mad cat who likes little furry things? I would let you borrow my terrier, but she pins them down and then is at a loss of what to do.. So far she's done that to a couple of rabbits and a rat, and found a dead squirrel which she proceeded to swing around, taking the credit. Loony dog :p

Snoozinsusan

Visit site
I found a rat in one of the feed bins last week. I helped it out with the scoop but the ungrateful thing ran up my arm and sat on my shoulder before jumping to the ground! :eek:

Got my own back though. Put some poison down and haven't seen any since. :D

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
They ate my neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew fleece rug, and have now started on a second one.

I no like the rats I no do :(. Put 'em to work I say!

g010.gif
e030.gif

As to BoF, apparently she was posting in the Vet section over the weekend. No idea what the state of play is re. her finger, et al.

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Well Buster one of my teriers killed 3 rats last week, but cann't let him off his chain as he'd kill or attack everything he saw(cats included). So the rats are having young and as I put feed out for the birds, they are bringing their babies out for breakfast, so bought some rat poison at the weekend, haveing difficulty where to put it, so 1) the birds don't eat it, 2) my dogs don't eat it, have a cunning plan, but not sure how to put it into practice as yet.:cool::cool:

horseriderdeb

Visit site
I had to put rat poison down the other week. Had rats in the muck heap and under my stables. Don't seem to be around anymore and have found a few dead ones so hopefully they all gone. I hate the things

mcnaughty

Visit site
Ahh, but aren't they cute with their lovely long scaley tail.... she was only making a comfy nest for the next lot of baby rats....

They don't bother me that much actually, except for them messing up my banks over night! Now, if it was a big hairy spider that is another story!

snoopyinfrance

Visit site
Wild rats - I agree.

Domestic rats - don't agree! They are loyal, friendly, not smelly and easier to handle than mice. The perfect childs pet in fact! We have 2 sitting in a cage behind me right now.

As for eating everything - they have good taste if they've gone for your most expensive items...

Seriously, I sympathise. I'd be out there with a shotgun and a friends 2 spaniels if I had them here.

Did you know that chickens kill rats? Ie: if you have chooks you shouldn't have rats - we have chooks! Apparently they kill snakes too. We don't have snakes near the house either.

Box_of_frogs if you read this PLEASE get yourself checked out if you start to feel like you've got the flu. Wild rats carry Weils disease which has symptoms close to flu but is very serious. A canoeist friend of ours nearly died.