Raw Diet Suppliers

KarynK

Visit site
Got dragged kicking and screaming to a dog show yesterday by Sis (well not screaming and I did quite enjoy it as I got to watch some cattle dogs and do some shopping)

Whilst pounding the lines of trade stands I came across a supplier that will mail conveniently packed Human Grade raw food including a mince with bone in it, lamb ribs and bones and chicken carcasses. They also supply food with veggies and fruit included and the best bit absolutely “No Grains”.

They tell me that they can supply next day by post (Min 10kg) and have a growing number of clients in the showing world, so the message is spreading. They are based in Guildford Surrey.

They also have dried liver treats which the boys love. I can get them to eat raw liver!

So I grabbed the details for those that cannot source their own, are worried about balancing or find it to difficult to plan the diet.

If anyone wants to give it a go PM me and I’ll recommend you for the first order discount.

http://www.naturalinstinct.com/index.php

galaxy

Visit site
Sounds really good...

How much do you think you need to order in one go? Just thinking about freezer space as I really don't have a lot....

harkback

Visit site
G

They also have dried liver treats which the boys love. I can get them to eat raw liver!

]

Have several friends who use their products and rave about them. I was given a large amount of their dried liver samples at a show. I did find that they went "off" very, very quickly and luckily I noticed the slimy blue fur before I opened the packets - talking about a couple of weeks. Maybe I just got a bad bunch.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Damn, it's times like these that I wish I had space for a chest freezer out in the shed or something - 10kg of the stuff would push all of the human food out of our indoor freezer. :eek:

KarynK

Visit site
Will get sis to weigh a chicken carcass and see (don't have any scales!) but I did notice yesterday that their carcasses were 10kg for £10. I recon that probably works out at 50p each?

The lamb ribs are fairly flat in the packs they had with them so you can probably squeeze them in and if I am short of space I tread on the chicken carcasses and flatten them at home!!! So they are fairly flatpacked! The meat packs were in a bag about the size or a bit bigger than the soup in bags that you can get in the supermarket.

They had a load of polystyrene boxes with them that I think they use for shipping and they would have been about the size of the watercress packs you see in the greengrocers, I presume that one of those would be about 10kg?

Will look out for the dried liver but they did love them so I don't know that they will last 2weeks, but if I get a bulk order I'll probably freeze them, they are in the car at the moment so will see if there is a date on them later.

KarynK

Visit site
You'll be ok then as they have a factory shop!!!! I do get to Guildford a few times a year and I have a meeting comming up soon so I'll have to remember to stock up on the liver treats!

galaxy

Visit site
Do you know how much cheaper it is to buy from them at ths shop? Worked it out on their prices and recommended amount and it would cost nearly £2 a day.... Quite pricey.

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Saw on their website they have a factory outlet shop in Camberley :) Hmmm, I feel a shopping trip coming on :)))

Though, hope they do food in smaller bags than 10kg - either Freddie will like a thelwell pony after a gorgeathon or the freezer will contain dog food and... well, that would be it really, dog food!

KarynK

Visit site
Taffyhorse yes they have smaller packs the 10kg is for posting as I suppose it gets too expensive posting small packages, they probably have a deal with a courier. They had small and larger packs at the show.

Yes this is an expensive way of feeding, but for them at the end of the day they have to source it, sort it, handle it, package it and send it which adds to the cost. But they are on the right track and are providing a service for those who lack the confidence to create their own diet or even feed bones, or for those who do not have the space or dogs to buy in bulk. It is very difficult to source lamb ribs, bones and chicken carcasses in Supermarkets and whole bones are vital in a good raw diet. Chicken carcasses are the correct ratio of flesh to bone for maintenance and are the mainstay of a species appropriate diet for dogs.

At the other end of the scale with a friendly butchers and a cheap chest freezer I can feed two dogs for a month for around £10.

But what this supplier and their diet does give is good human grade appropriate food for dogs in easy to feed portions, that is free of cheap cereal bulk, additives, preservatives, stabilisers, colorants and you can see what they are getting, call me cynical but with this food there is nowhere to hide anything!

The problem is that protein (a dogs natural feed source) is expensive and difficult to preserve for long periods of time, that’s why all cooked dog food especially dried will contain preservatives and why most contain cheap bulk in the form of grains at the lower end of the market and starches from potatoes or rice at the higher end.

KarynK

Visit site
Taffyhorse yes they have smaller packs the 10kg is for posting as I suppose it gets too expensive posting small packages, they probably have a deal with a courier. They had small and larger packs at the show. You could eat the lamb ribs if you have no room for human food but Freddie won't like it!!! Have fed mine up for a week before, got given load of freebies with an already full freezer, they were not best pleased with their small portions for the next few weeks !!!

Yes this is an expensive way of feeding, but for them at the end of the day they have to source it, sort it, handle it, package it and send it which adds to the cost. But they are on the right track and are providing a service for those who lack the confidence to create their own diet or even feed bones, or for those who do not have the space or dogs to buy in bulk. It is very difficult to source lamb ribs, bones and chicken carcasses in Supermarkets and whole bones are vital in a good raw diet. Chicken carcasses are the correct ratio of flesh to bone for maintenance and are the mainstay of a species appropriate diet for dogs.

At the other end of the scale with a friendly butchers and a cheap chest freezer I can feed two dogs for a month for around £10.

But what this supplier and their diet does give is good human grade appropriate food for dogs in easy to feed portions, that is free of cheap cereal bulk, additives, preservatives, stabilisers, colorants and you can see what they are getting, call me cynical but with this food there is nowhere to hide anything!

The problem is that protein (a dogs natural feed source) is expensive and difficult to preserve for long periods of time, that’s why all cooked dog food especially dried will contain preservatives and why most contain cheap bulk in the form of grains at the lower end of the market and starches from potatoes or rice at the higher end.

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Haha - you're right, KarynK, he wouldn't!!

I might tootle over at the weekend and see what they have if they do smaller portions. Definitely interested in the ribs and lamb bones. *whispers*, he's not completely on Raw but am keen to introduce more to his diet - though not at the same time as his dried food obviously.

He is a bit picky though - took up CaveCanem on her excellent suggestion of a turkey drumstick, he ate some, I put it back in the fridge and re-offered it for dinner the next evening but apparently he'd gone off turkey drumsticks by that point and refused to touch it...

Same with Pilchards - loves sardines/tuna etc but gave him a tin of pilchards and got the 'and' look followed by a disgusted sniff and a martyred stalk to the sofa!

KarynK

Visit site
Fuss pots! Mine will eat skanky anything, a whole rabbit hair and all but not shop liver or kidneys! So these dried liver treats are great, they tolerate the pilchards so I put eggs in with it but I got them sardines and they did seen to like those. My collie crosses used to eat salmon heads but not the Aussie boys! Evidently there are no fish in Oz, but I've told them I can't afford Kangaroo!

OOps posted 2x above bloomin broadband, it doesn't like the weather!

Last edited:

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Hee hee - I think they just love to see us jumping through hoops catering to their every dietary whim!!

Might add 'liver treats' to the list too :)