Raynauds sufferers- amazing glove find!

Identityincrisis

Visit site
I had to share my find with fellow sufferers. I've generally got my cold struggles under control but have never found gloves that kept my hands warm and when my hands are cold i begin to shut down and can't push through it, it makes winter miserable. These gloves have been a revelation so far, tested this weekend in minus temperatures and i still have warm, dry hands!! They are quite bulky but i don't mind that as I'd rather be warm, and once they're broken in they are easier to work in

https://www.safetygloves.co.uk/ejendals-tegera-295-waterproof-thermal-work-gloves.html

quizzie

Visit site
I bought some of these last winter, and found them fairly good, but unfortunately didn't stand up to a winters worth of stable work ( went through on the pale "leather" of the fingers.)

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
These were recommended on my gloves for cold hands thread, but how do you know what size you need? I have big hands! I might ask for them for Christmas if I can work out the sizing.

Edit: so inches round base of knuckles of hand is pretty much equivalent to size. Cool. I’ve sent the link to my OH for present ideas.

Last edited:

quizzie

Visit site
These were recommended on my gloves for cold hands thread, but how do you know what size you need? I have big hands! I might ask for them for Christmas if I can work out the sizing.

Edit: so inches round base of knuckles of hand is pretty much equivalent to size. Cool.

They are sized for mens hands ( sorry…sexist remark!!!)….the fingers are relatively short vs the palm size, so I found ordering my palm size meant the fingers were rather short…next time I’ll try a size larger!
I normally wear size 7.5 Roeckl gloves, ordered size 9 of these and they are short in the fingers, but I do have long thin Hands!

Last edited:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
They are sized for mens hands ( sorry…sexist remark!!!)….the fingers are relatively short vs the palm size, so I found ordering my palm size meant the fingers were rather short…next time I’ll try a size larger!

I‘ve asked for a size up as the website recommended due them being a tight fit due to the lining. My OH has much longer fingers than me: he might want some too, he’s suffering from similar issues.

Spottyappy

Visit site
I‘ve asked for a size up as the website recommended due them being a tight fit due to the lining. My OH has much longer fingers than me: he might want some too, he’s suffering from similar issues.
it was me who mentioned them. I have fairly small hands, and usually wear a size 7. Their size 7, I think, are true to size.

Identityincrisis

Visit site
I don't know how robust they are, as per above poster, but i will happily buy a couple of pairs to last me.

Thank you to the people who recommended them last year, i posted this year incase anyone had missed it.

They are quite bulky but i forgive them for that as they're so warm. I just quickly whip them on and off for buckles.

Sizing wise, i ordered 1 size up which is about right

palo1

Visit site
I use these every year :) They are not in fact, enormously robust but I use them when I need to and they last well then. We have several pairs kicking about here and I also use a slightly thinner pair - these: https://www.workgloves.co.uk/517_8_...Bqjqp-Gp_4fq-fV5LllIyrKY4hdhc95UaAri0EALw_wcB which are easier to use to do buckles etc and even work on my smart phone. Brilliant price and not heartbreaking if you lose one!! :) I recommended these to a few people last year too. :)

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I confess I took off my gloves to tie up hay nets yesterday.

My hands were so cold in my classroom today that they went purple. Not happy.

palo1

Visit site
Does anyone have anything for feet? Mine are white and blue every time I come back from the yard :(

The best suggestion I have for socks is goat hair socks; they are extraordinarily hard wearing and warm. I couldn't do winter without at least 2 pairs. Expensive but tough as anything and brilliant in my experience!! Like these: https://www.thegoatcompany.co.uk/mohair-socks.html

I have long ones for wearing with wellies and boots and shorter ones for bed...I really cannot recommend these enough (I don't know if the harlequin ones are any different but my harlequin socks are quite amazingly tough and warm).

quizzie

Visit site
For feet.....they are discontinued, but there are a few pairs around if your feet are the right size...."Tuffa nordic boots", my toes have never been so toasty!

Fruitcake

Visit site
Does anyone have anything for feet? Mine are white and blue every time I come back from the yard :(
I used to suffer dreadfully with chilblains until I discovered Aigle Isotherm wellies. They’re not cheap and quite bulky but, honestly, they’ve been a life saver. Until last week when I actually ended up with chilblains after teaching in a freezing classroom (obviously not in my wellies ?), I hadn’t had chilblains for years.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I use these every year :) They are not in fact, enormously robust but I use them when I need to and they last well then. We have several pairs kicking about here and I also use a slightly thinner pair - these: https://www.workgloves.co.uk/517_8_...Bqjqp-Gp_4fq-fV5LllIyrKY4hdhc95UaAri0EALw_wcB which are easier to use to do buckles etc and even work on my smart phone. Brilliant price and not heartbreaking if you lose one!! :) I recommended these to a few people last year too. :)

I bought these as a result of your recommendation. They arrived quickly and are snug and waterproof. Thank you!

tda

Visit site
The best suggestion I have for socks is goat hair socks; they are extraordinarily hard wearing and warm. I couldn't do winter without at least 2 pairs. Expensive but tough as anything and brilliant in my experience!! Like these: https://www.thegoatcompany.co.uk/mohair-socks.html

I have long ones for wearing with wellies and boots and shorter ones for bed...I really cannot recommend these enough (I don't know if the harlequin ones are any different but my harlequin socks are quite amazingly tough and warm).
Quite tempted by some kneehigh mohair socks! ? how have they lasted and do they stay up?

palo1

Visit site
Quite tempted by some kneehigh mohair socks! ? how have they lasted and do they stay up?

They are incredibly hard wearing - I have worn one pair for either a bit at the end of the day (during summer but not the really hot weather!!) and for hours in winter almost every day for a year. They get washed and dry quickly and are like new again. I have had other wool socks in holes in a couple of months as I wear thick socks for hours a day in winter but my goat socks are amazing. They stay up fine. :) :)

Reactions: tda

palo1

Visit site
Thank you SO much for the glove suggestion.

ETA: that site is a fascination in itself... who knew there were gloves for snake handling, butchery or bailiffs??

Quite!! Once I had found the site I just had to buy something and now when questioned about my gloves I delight in telling people what they are really designed for...

palo1

Visit site

Just realised that the socks I have are the Rangers (double terry loop construction). I don't know if that makes a huge difference to durability as I have had others over the years and they are tough too. Just choosing colours for this year now!! :)

Reactions: tda