Re Horse Trailer Horror - Anyone use CCTV or baby cam in their trailers?

LouandBee

Visit site
Hi,

After reading the horse trailer horror thread it got me thinking how great it would be to have a camera hooked up in the trailer so I can keep an eye on whats going on in there. My mare often stamps around so it would be good to see if she is actually in trouble.

Anyone else done this?

I think I read in the money saving tip thread in stable yard that some people use video baby monitors from ebay.

Any ideas/tips would be grateful x

perfect11s

Visit site
Hi,

After reading the horse trailer horror thread it got me thinking how great it would be to have a camera hooked up in the trailer so I can keep an eye on whats going on in there. My mare often stamps around so it would be good to see if she is actually in trouble.

Anyone else done this?

I think I read in the money saving tip thread in stable yard that some people use video baby monitors from ebay.

Any ideas/tips would be grateful x
Yes its a must have.. good for your nerves to see all is well back there .. got one in my lorry but found it just as good in the trailer.
mine is truck reversing camera system but there are all sorts of systems that would work but a wireless system would be best for a trailer,

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
Our friends have one in the lorry - its very reassuring to have it there at least if there is a problem with one of the horses it can be seen and attended to right away
K x

pootler

Visit site
We looked at CCTV but it was really expensive so in the end bought a reversing camera with screen for half the price and fitted that.

On the screen it does look a bit like something out of a Most Haunted ghost shoot as the colour isn't great but we can at least see what's going on!

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Yes I've got a wired in one in the lorry (which gives a much better picture) and a wireless trailercam for the trailer which is fine although a bit "ghostly" and I wouldn't be without either one. You can apparently wire them in for the trailer but that is a bit beyond me :);)

LouandBee

Visit site
Thanks for the replies - I'll look into the reversing cam as money is of the essence as always x

I do have a window at the front but I can't quite see her when I'm driving, only when I'm a passenger.

canteron

Visit site
Yes I have one in my new trailer and it has meant that I have at last found a way of ensuring my horse has a good journey and consequently is now is also a good loader (partitions out) so I am an enormous fan.

On long journeys I only turn the monitor in if I am approaching an exit point - or else it can just be distracting knowledge.

I don't think it needs to be a brilliant system, if your horse is scabbling or falling over you will deffo recognize it!!!!

Keltic

Visit site
I have a wireless set, it was really easy to set up and took my hubby 20mins to fit it. It gives me enormous peace of mind as I can see her and I know she is ok. Worth every penny.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I have one in my trailer and it's wireless, colour, was dead easy to fit and has a neat little 4" monitor and it only cost £40 new from ebay.