Re needing vibes post from earlier

Berkeley

Visit site
Well, my boss saw the state I was in and let me go. I spoke to the vet. He said its her liver and to expect the worst. The blood results will be in on Wednesday when I will have to make a decision.

I have never felt so low. I have just come back from being with her and she's just not herself. She's on some medicine which makes her feel a bit better but I told the vet I cannot let her suffer. If it is a choice between prolonging her life on bute for 6 months I don't think I could cope with that.

I asked vet what his gut feeling was - he said its not good.

I went to see my youngster afterwards and gave him a few treats - he threw a strop spinning round and dashing off when I ran out of them - really cheered me up actually!

I am hoping for a miracle. Lets see what happens. Thanks SO MUCH for all your support so far.

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Fingers crossed for her - and hugs for you both. xx

Is this the mare that you posted about at the weekend that was dropping weight?
confused.gif

china

Visit site
milk thistle is very good for horses with liver problems, it cleans out any toxins they have, oviously check with your vet first, i hope she pulls through!!!
(((((((((((((((((( extra strong vibes ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

cellie

Visit site
So sorry .Im sure you will do the kindest thing for her.I had to make same decision last week(dog) its heartbreaking but I know now I did the right thing.Extra time is for us and not always in the animals best interests.
frown.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Bloody hell Berkely, I'm speechless.

Have everything crossed for her. What an awful day for you (((((( ))))))

Berkeley

Visit site
yes its the same mare so at least I know she hasn't suffered. Vet said its a rapid deterioration and I couldn't have seen it coming. I haven't been riding her much recently, she's on top spec feed, the best rugs so I know she has had an easy lovely living.

gigs

Visit site
You have been the perfect sort of owner and will know when the time comes to make the right decision- lots of vibes and good luck

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Not wishing to get your hopes up but this happened to my friend's elderly mare. She went almost to nothing and refused to eat anything but grass. Huge liver problems and as a last ditch attempt the vet put her on steroids. She's fine now
smile.gif
This mare was really thin and had no appetite at all, I can't really put across how bad she was, nor how she survived so long. The steroids were kill or cure.

Berkeley

Visit site
Really? I will mention that to the vet. I just hope he already knows these things. Thanks for letting me know Brighteyes.

Hippona

Visit site
Friends pony aged about 30- was diagnosed liver diease last year - walking coat rack just about summed it up.....she didnt want to let him go, although I have to say we were all of the opinion that it was his time....

....this sunday, the tubby little bugger did a clear round at the local show and went in the ridden veteran class.....he's full of beans, getting hacked out again and prancing on/off the yard.

Not to get your hopes up, but sometimes, if they manage to pull through and scrape along for a while/months....they come good. The liver is a remarkable organ, and viral liver disease can take some getting over, but it does happen.

Fingers/legs/arms crossed for you x