Reactor Panel Saddles

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
They are made by the "Saddle Exchange". If you do a search on here you will find plenty about that particular set-up!!

I did try sitting on one of these saddles once and found it very hard & uncomfortable; feedback from other (endurance) people who've tried them is that the discs in them tend to go fairly regularly and need replacing; and something you should know is that the ONLY people who will offer after-sales/repair to these saddles are Saddle Exchange, and the experience of both myself and my livery client - and other unfortunates on here - is that the after-sales provided by them is frankly appalling, unless of course you are deemed important enough to be one of their "Celebrity Clients" of which they make frequent boast both on their website and in person at saddle fittings....... when you eventually can get hold of them :(

PM me if you like.

Last edited:

Xanthoria

Visit site
I am in the USA and have had two RP saddles - the jumping one I sold to a friend as the horse it was for passed away, but the dressage one I still have. Lovely quality, very adjustable, very comfy. I think the disks need replacing but again I would probably need to do that every 5 years and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than reflocking a regular saddle. After care in the US is very good indeed.

cundlegreen

Visit site
I bought a second hand one 2 years ago on the recommendation of a dressage trainer, and because a local saddler had worked with the original roe richards saddles, and had the shims and rubber for them. It was a lovely saddle,very good quality leather, and really comfortable for me and the horses that I rode in it. The downside was the weight. It weighed best part of 2 stone, and that added to my weight of 12.5 stone, made me decide to sell it. I loved the concept, and found that the muscle built up well on my horse's back. I've now found a Freedom Holistic treeless, which looks totally conventional and is much lighter in weight. I had no trouble selling my Reactorpanel on for a good price.

kizzyjerry

Visit site
I've got one of the older one's. They are heavy, the new ones are lighter and a lot nicer to look at but have a hefty price tag. I had them out to fit regularly as it was his 'growing' saddle expensive £90 and he doesn't seem to do much but the horse hated all the 'normal' treed saddles and had endless issues until the reactor so speaks for itself. I brought this one knowing their reputation but was desperate for something to work! But i've never had any issues on the service front, you have to be organised as they travel all over the world but I've always had a prompt response, no issues booking always been very helpful and interested. If I've had a issue they have always been happy to work via photos and talk me through adjustments. I'm pretty sure that they've included new discs in with the fitting. Never had them wear out but he was changing shape regularly.
Second hand they're 400-600ish. Twice that from RP but fully reconditioned, guaranteed and I was told that he could always make mine fit - and too be fair he has. Horse has almost out grown it width always and there's apparently something he can do to the tree - however my personal preference is treeless and we seem to have found something we both like so not used the reactor for months- not sure if things have changed on the service front.

pansymouse

Visit site
I have a friend who has two and swears by them - she is lucky enough to have access to a very good RP fitter. I know fitting can be an issue and customer service is legendarily bad. I do have one of their girths which is well made of good quality leather.