Real News: Release from the Police

carys220

Visit site
I reckon that if just one person on this forum sent a text to all their horsey mates it could be around the country in a week......

Robynsteward

Visit site
Its a scary scary thought. i recieved a message yesterday and having just moved my horse voer to the roadside fields overnight (to prevent lammy returning), I'm becoming increasingly paranoid!

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
I dont think the fact there are gangs in operation is very much true, what they look like and how active they are is all hyped up IMHO.

I think its worth being sensible and I do believe that they are smarter than we think by hyping it all up to then get reports its a hoax, then BANG they will probably hit LOL!!

sandr

Visit site
Like i said on another forum, if they were being stolen on this scales, it would be headline news.

A joke gone wrong i think.

Robynsteward

Visit site
Or one incident spreading and being turned around.what i feel sorry for are the people unwittingly involved in this.

I hacked over to my mates today and a photographer (who we all know and see regularly) was taking photographs of her horses and the view behind them for his college work) Some member of the public pulled up and started to get quite aggressive and accused him of planning to steal. it's stupid.

albynstudios

Visit site
as previously stated many times it is my van which has been dragged into this and am also aphotographer as is my son we have taken many photos of horses both in fields and at shows for friends etc
but at the moment especially as it is my number plate thats circulating i wouldnt dare go near
the original sighting of my plate was a mistake at the hope valley riding club show where i was present along with my son and wife a club member who was already on alert after a genuine sighting of white van previously took my number plate and circulated it as they didnt recognise us at the show and therefore thought we were suspicious
this has now been cleared up and we have been invited to thier show but it is certainly worrying for innocent photographers uk wide now

Tinkerbee

Visit site
see, those last two posts are why this all DAFT!!

I thought reasonable adults would be able to work these things out??? argh

D

Donkeymad

I really feel for you albynstudios, it must be an absolute nightmare.

This has all got so out-of-hand now and it must stop.

There have always been tack thefts on large scale hits, there have always been the odd stolen horse , there are millions of white vans, hundreds of innocent people always taking photos of horses.

Mass hysteria springs to mind.

abc11

New User
Visit site
Sorry but cannot agree that all this a hoax and nothing is happening. I received my 'heads up' directly from the police who are taking this very seriously in the Glos area. They have given us an Incident Number to report any suspicious activities against. I also have first hand knowledge of a man in a silver Passat being found snooping around the yards of both my nearest neighbours- he beat a hasty retreat when challenged. The police have been notified. Don't get paranoid but keep a sharp lookout. Don't relax just because some who have nothing better to do are slagging off those of us who are concerned.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
But when I look on the Stolen Horse Register, there appears to be no spate of thefts in Glos, or elsewhere.
Explanation, please?
S
grin.gif

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry but cannot agree that all this a hoax and nothing is happening. I received my 'heads up' directly from the police who are taking this very seriously in the Glos area. They have given us an Incident Number to report any suspicious activities against. I also have first hand knowledge of a man in a silver Passat being found snooping around the yards of both my nearest neighbours- he beat a hasty retreat when challenged. The police have been notified. Don't get paranoid but keep a sharp lookout. Don't relax just because some who have nothing better to do are slagging off those of us who are concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

no-body is slagging off anyone.....

read yesterdays NAG N DOG....

it has a load of information....

but the FACT is...

95% of this IS nonsense...