'Realistic' ambitions for 1st season BD

Wilbur_Force

Visit site
OK, so what are 'realistic' ambitions for a 1st season BD? William gets great scores unaff - always mid 60's up to 70's. We have done some aff on a ticket and he's always been placed with high scores. So, would Petplans be a real goal for this year - prelim and novice?
grin.gif

scrumpygus

Visit site
Its good to have a goal - i found when i first went bd i was doing nov & elem unaff and getting high 60s and even early 70s then when i went bd the level of competition was so much higher that my scores dropped by about 5- 8% on average which was still respectable but i realised doing unaffs had given me a slightly false impression of how well i was doing so -maybe have a few goes 1st to see where you are and then go from there.

dressager

Visit site
Definitely aim high! Good to have a focus or else sometimes you can just stay stuck at the same level for ages.

Yes the judging can defintely feel harsher... but then again I've had BD listed judges judging at unaffiliated and so it was just the same really. Just have a go!

amandaco2

Visit site
where the judges at the comps listed?
you can find your marks drop a fair bit depending on who was doing the judging previously,
but consistant 70s would be a good reason to affil and aim for petplans!!!!!

star

Visit site
petplans def realistic. if your scores have been that good unaff consistently you may find yourself qualifying for regionals! 1st season i took my old one BD he qualified for the regionals in a handful of outings. my new one is a big spooky monster but even he managed prelim Petplans and Novice Freestyle Regionals in his 1st yr. This yr aiming for Novice Petplans and Nov/Elem Freestyle Regionals.