Really is it me?

cobgirlie

Visit site
Senario for you. 4 new ponies arrives at the yard, they are all from same place so know each other. 'Owner' then turns them out into the main paddock. Main paddock has herd of 5, 2 mares 2 geldings and 1 very riggish. Main paddock is a skating rink. 'Owner' and YO are suprised that livery kicks off because of the stupidity of turning out new horses in pitch black on freezing ice when of course there will be running around and some fights. ADDED to the ponies are from someone who already has RSPCA visits under their belts and is known for neglect and it wasn't checked that the ponies had been wormed.

Is it really asking too much for some sort of respect, conversation or even common sense in this situation?

ThePony

Visit site
Yikes, that is stupid! Not only because of fights and scraps, but what about bugs and worms?!! Think I would have myself a major strop and rant at YO if that happened!

cobgirlie

Visit site
Needless to say I'm moving on Saturday!! I've found a place in the next village which is lovely, no school but owner is lovely and only 3 retired and 1 other ridden so a nice quiet chilled out place which will make a lovely change from big yard drama's and stupidity!!! PLUS half the price and I won't have to shed out a fortune on extra feeds cos fab grazing so it's all good!!:D

ISHmad

Visit site
Sounds like you will be well out of there. That's an accident waiting to happen at your current yard if that's the kind of thing the YO there believes to be acceptable.