Really pecking my head now !!

debs_07

Visit site
Help any1 .. i need a fibre source thats gonna keep weight on my horse without her getting fizzy .. she is only being ridden 1 day aweek and lunged 3 times a week ...and is only getting out to stretch her legs for an hour in the morning ..( no turn out now ) so everyone hogging paddock !! help constructive advice needed .

xx

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Can't really add anything to yesterdays post other than why not just wait and see what a fortnight or so brings before worrying about the weight?

Add lib hay is by far the best source of fibre if you are very worried. However, a most section D's are very good doers so don't think you need to panic unduly.

galaxy

Visit site
It really depends on the horse.

My horse, who is a poor doer very fizzy, but gets turned out every days is on ad lib haylage and Alfa A Oil (this suits him althought I hear some horses react to it. My friends does but uses D&H Alfalfa successfully with no problems.) He doesn't get much Alfa A Oil a day, it's more to put his supplements in, it's the good quality haylage which really helps.

debs_07

Visit site
yes ive just took her off alfa a oil ... and she was on calm and condition aswell ... my trainer told me to cut it all out just give her ad lib hay ... i just feel shes losing weight .. just wondered if anyone had heard of anything i couild give her that will put the weight on without her doing doo lally

xx

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i just feel shes losing weight

[/ QUOTE ]
Get a grip woman - you only took her off the feed on Friday
tongue.gif