Really plalatable dry feed?

Alibear

Visit site
Please recommend a delicious dry feed for horses. I don't mind the content as I'll only be feeding a handful, but it needs to be something to tempt a fussy eater.

I have a granulated supplement that I need to feed in a dry feed. However, my horse is a fussy eater, so putting it in a handful of chaff, mollased or not, means it is just left in the bowl. Even when left in her stable overnight.
Her regular feeds are based around Saracen re-leave, so fed wet, so not great for my supplement.

Suggestions welcome :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
yep i fed E&E dry to my fussy TB. but if only feeding a handful then a cheap molassed coarse mix might be a go-er as a powder would stick to that quite nicely.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Sweet & sticky D & H pasture mix?
Worth rustling up a few sandwich bags of any mixes from locals (try your RC pages perhaps)
I know when I had an issue locals in 1 livery yard in particular, were v helpful in filling little bags of stuff to try.
Good luck x

Portly

Visit site
Balanced show mix, my late horse would have walked through fire to get it. I have yet to meet a horse who wouldn't eat it even with meds in (its what we used for getting anything down any of them)
Or our lot, love soaked Topspec ulcer nuts, take 2 mins to breakdown and hide everything well.

Roxylola

Visit site
What about swapping to releve mix (assuming your feeding cubes) that should be OK in a small amount dry

TPO

Visit site
My horse is good at eating all his meds but 3wks in and he's a bit fed up of the bute and antibiotics.

I bought him the cheapest mix and he gets a small single handful scattered on top of his feed. So far doing the job.

Was pretty shocked that the cheapest mix was £11.50. Admittedly its been decades since I've bought any feed like this but it hasn't half shot up in price.

I'm Dun

Visit site
I was pretty shocked that the cheapest mix was £11.50. Admittedly its been decades since I've bought any feed like this but it hasn't half shot up in price.

I think it was £6.50 last time I bought a bag of mollased coarse mix, admittedly a long while ago, but prices have shot up clearly!

Reactions: TPO

Alibear

Visit site
It is the re-leave mix she's on but that is fed soaked so can't put the supplement in it. Not sure how I feel about trying just a handful dry. I think I'll try some of the other dry mixes mentioned, thanks all.

bouncing_ball

Visit site
It is the re-leave mix she's on but that is fed soaked so can't put the supplement in it. Not sure how I feel about trying just a handful dry. I think I'll try some of the other dry mixes mentioned, thanks all.

I feed Releve once fully soaked and expanded its fairly dry. I put all my horse’s supplements in a Tupperware pot and add to feed after soaking, just before feeding.

Ashleigh02

Visit site
My fussy eaters love top spec top chop grass. It smells pepperminty and i add a bit of garlic too just to add some extra taste