Really random issue, any thoughts!

hannah87

Visit site
Hey, been a while since I have been on here! Hope everyone is ok.

My 2 year old JRT x Chi (male, neutered) has developed this bizzare obsession with my blusher brush. Everytime he is alone in the house (both me and OH out) he will go and find my make up bag (which is generally found slung anywhere in house), root around in it and carefully select this one particular blusher brush. He then I can only presume carries it to his bed and places it next to him, where I find it when I get home. He never chews it, and never gets anything else, or another brush. My bag is full of random crap and many brushes so how he selects only this one i dont know. Like I said he doesnt ever "steal" anything else.

I am 7 months pregnant and this started from the beginning of my pregnancy. It is no problem, he doesnt damage anything and yes, the obvious answer would be to put my bag up somewhere he cant reach. But we are very curious as to why he might be doing it. I dont react to it when we get in so its not attention related. It has become abit of an amusement to find it placed in the exact spot on his bed every time we get in!

Any thoughts? Could it be related to my pregnancy in some way? His behaviour doesnt seem to have altered in any other way, bless him!

ThePinkPony

Visit site
mine does that with socks, or shoes ive been wearing. can be infuriating :)

She started when i first started going to work full time, i worked at a kennels so i came home smelling of all these dogs.

Spudlet

Visit site
Bless him, how sweet. It's probably because it smells very strongly of you - Henry is sometimes found cuddling my shoes in his bed in the office if I leave to go to a meeting:) Could be that your pregnancy is making him feel a little bit unsettled?