Really, really wrong horse names...

Bobbly

Visit site
On my yards, years ago I had Holly, Olly and Solly. Then more recently Charlie, William and Harry (no not deliberately!) now have Bobby and William. As I couldn't very well shout 'My Life's Ambition' at my TB in the field he was a Jack. Worst I've seen was a broodmare at the National Stud, poor thing was called Hairbrush!!

Aidey

Visit site
We have a Nigel on our yard. We also have a gelding called Shirley!

I remember reading on a forum once about someone who had a mare called Penny - however, she wanted to be diffferent, so decided to spell it Peni. The only problem came when she wrote her name on items, eg, Peni's bucket, Peni's brush, Peni's wheelbarrow

Hahah! :D:D

Rudolph's Red Nose

Visit site
i have known 2 ponies, one called Naughty and the other fur face !!

The other day I misheard a welsh pony's name, thought they said Potato but nooo it was toto - but now I want a little pony and call it Potato :D:D

JustKickOn

Visit site
A horse belonging to a friend of mine had a show name of "Topless". Hilarious when soandso riding Topless was announced across a show ground :D :D

Capriole

Visit site
A horse belonging to a friend of mine had a show name of "Topless". Hilarious when soandso riding Topless was announced across a show ground :D :D

Like 'Badly' and 'Someone Else's Husband' :D

The person I knew with a horse called Jesus used to hate the commentators announcing him :)

mulledwhine

Visit site
I find it really funny when animals have names such ax Steve, Clive etc :)

Pony is called Levi - hate that name ( sounds a bit chavy shhh)

Old boy was dexter :)

Have also had, autumn, strawberry, and Schaffer , so they were all very boring and normal names

Merrymoles

Visit site
My very first lesson was on a pony called Percy. He was a strawberry roan and when the YO was in a good mood, he was known as Percival Pink.

We've had three different Dillons on the yard in short succession recently - before that I hadn't heard of a Dillon for 25 years. Perhaps we should start a popularity chart like the one out this week on baby names!

Wundahorse

Visit site
I've got a Stan who was christened Slimey at birth as he got his owners pj's gooey.He was then nicknamed sli and his registered name is Just Because as they got fed up explaining his name.In between the breeder and us his name changed to Stan.

FinalFurlong

Visit site
i did work experience at a racing stables, there was a filly called Bridget (sweetest natured racehorse ever) and there was a filly called compton, i always thought thats something youd call a male horse! there was one called arnie too

at a racing stables i work at now there's one called goofy (though two of the stable lads argue about weather the name is guffy or goofy) plus billy

some of these are hilarious :')

DressageCob

Visit site
Riding school horse called "Dick". Hello, you're riding Dick today"...the name didn't stick for long.

Also know a Ryan, Craig, Pooh, Cabecita (little head), Eric, Simon and "Mr Ramsbottom-Smyth". The last one I find bizarre. It wasn't even his owner's surname. She called him Ramsey for short.

FreddiesGal

Visit site
Riding school horse called "Dick". Hello, you're riding Dick today"...the name didn't stick for long.

Also know a Ryan, Craig, Pooh, Cabecita (little head), Eric, Simon and "Mr Ramsbottom-Smyth". The last one I find bizarre. It wasn't even his owner's surname. She called him Ramsey for short.

LMAO at this whole post!

brucethegypsycob

Visit site
back in the 1970`s in deepest darkest cornwall I spent my weekends at a yard in Stithians (little Trevellyan if anyone remembers). I used to look after a grey cob called Biryanni and his field mate was called Chapatti. Had no idea they were foods until i moved to London many many years later. ps. this is a true story - i still smile when i eat an indian these days.

JeanetteM

Visit site
Many many years ago I rode a Maggot, another mare along with Maggot had a foal and the foals were called Newt and Toad :)

ridefast

Visit site
Have known a few Bobs and Franks in the past, but I would like to meet a horse called Derek. Just because. :)

The stallion at my last job was called Derek. He had a fancy registered name but his stable name was Derek, and he was called that because he looked like someone elses horse named Derek