Really, really wrong horse names...

rubysmum

Visit site
I usec to hack out with a lovely older mare called Stacey, in fact thinking about it, our little hacking group consisted of
Stacey
Edward
Oliver
Lola
Ruby

Oberon

Visit site
I inherited a mare called Alouysius.

Pronounced al-oo-wish-us.

Apparently it is a saint??

We used to tell our son his middle name was Alouysius :D We'd say his 'full name' out loud and watch him squirm :eek: :D.

Thinking about it...he's 15 now and I'm not sure if we've told him it's a joke :confused: :eek:

miss_c

Visit site
I rode a polo pony called Rabbit, and another called Red Dog....

I know a Kevin...

And not horsey but my dog is called Bradley... Does that count?

frozzy

Visit site
A friend had a Dennis and his full brother Denzil . Also Tony (the pony ). We had an Axel (homebred foaly ) Our stallion is Roy (but will only answer to it if you pronounce it with a Welsh accent !) My daughter has a police horse in her stables called Jeanette !!

Kokopelli

Visit site
Andy is pretty bad, some quotes to avoid if your horse is called Andy:

"Going to ride Andy"
"Had such a good ride on Andy"
"Love Andy he is such a good ride"

*Facepalm* made worse by a couple of friends also called Andy. :eek:

Thorthepony

Visit site
The breeder of one of my boys was going to call him Desmond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: Fortunately as we had him from weaning we were able to prevent that!!!

Have known a Derek, Herbivore(??), Cyril, and Doris

DressageCob

Visit site
I've also known a part-bred Andalusian called Sweaty. He was a gorgeous little horse (and not really sweaty). He was called Sweaty because the English owners could not pronounce his real name, which was Suerte (Luck)

Mugsgame

Visit site
A good friend of mine (who may have already posted, sorry couldn't manage all 26 pages!) has a very good bunch of stable names! All of these she has bred and named herself and all have proper names, but she has a philippa, Rupert, Barry, Dave, barnabus and Sophie - horses she has had not named by her have included Derek, bertha and sadie! They all suit their names tho, especially Derek and Dave!!

Lexie81

Visit site
I had a Jeff! He was amazing and his name suited him. RIP little one :(

My friend has a little shetland she bought her then 4 year old son and let him name him. He chose to name him Winky the Frog. Random!
I think Alan would be a super name.

Lexie81

Visit site
Also just remembered a client of mine when I worked in banking trying to flog me a shetland stallion for my daughter, named Paul Newman! Ridiculous!

LilMissy

Visit site
Rita Mackintosh

Known as Rita or Skeets (e.g Rita Skeeta from Harry Potter).

Also have a 'Rascal' and Bobbie (mare).

Nobby the pony was changed to Sammy as just couldnt yell 'Nobs' across the field....

Its very difficult to name horses, I had three colts this year. The first is Zack the second is TJ and the third is Arthur (all for various reasons!). I also have a Jasmine, Solly, Ellie. Others named Lily, Dylan, Zebedee, Flo, Maddie, Angel, Cassie, One called Lixi and one livery filly this year called Diamond so Dia...

fidleyspromise

Visit site
I've been flicking through my horses pedigree and there's a mare in there called cockchaffer. How drunk was that owner at the time?!? The same with bucket and haynet.

On yards we've had:
Rupert
Barney
Cilla Black
Amy
Donald
Jacob

TuscanBunnyGirl

Visit site
I've got a Selvaggia...very strange. It means wild in Italian.
I also have a Bunny...her passport says TuscanBunnyGirl..sounds like some sort of lads mag girl to me...but hey ho. Poor girl.

I knew Kilroy the donkey :D

popeyesno1fan

Visit site
Well my friend called her mare "Angel" - hahaha the worst behaved "Angel" i have ever seen. If my friend didnt love her so much, she'd be in the factory, then she'd be "ghost". but thankfully, my friend will keep her forever, as she knows where she would end up otherwise.
I had a colt at one stage that was called Lucianio, which is Italian for devil, he so lived up to his name. I believe you need to research the name first!!!

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
I don't think any of these human names are unusual. I've had more Mandys and Henrys than any other horse name.

At my old riding school we had nearly all human names:

Pete
Henry
Mandy x 2
Lewis
Colin
Lily
Molly x 2
Millie x 2
Roger
Siobhan
Roisin
Rosie
Holly
Winnifred
Fred
Ivor
Ted
Jayne
Becky
Luke
Benji
Sophie
Tess
William
Constance
Kate
Thomas
Bruce

natalia

Visit site
Lol, we had a willy and a clint, you can only guess what clint got shortened too!! Lol. Also had the following- Colin, Clive, Doris, No Eyes, Buck, Milky, Lumpy, Winston, Betty, tony, pugsly, sometimes nick names just stick!

mle22

Visit site
We currently have Dave and Skew-whiff (Whiffy to her friends!) My daughter named her first pony Macaroni from the Yankee Doodle nursery rhyme.

leah_x

Visit site
Granola
Iggle piggle
Mr Raffles
Sooty From Mitcham
The Soup Dragon
Brick
Bucket
And the worst I have ever heard... Cottage!