Reasonably priced hunter wellies?

kal40

Visit site
Anyone have any ideas where I could get some? Camp looming and new ones needed.

Thanks

PS Yes I know that most people prefer other wellies but when you are 13 years old its all about the label!

Lucycharlton_01

Visit site
Where abouts do you live? I got mine from my local horse shop they were £50 or just type in "hunter wellies" I love mine Im obsessed with labels too Im 15 :) for the winter I love Hunter Welly Socks they are also fashionable too. I also like wearing mine for horse shows and stuff :D They sell them every where now though even in topshop haha

Last edited:

Lizzie0682

Visit site
I got some of the £85 ones (adjustable) for £52 I think from amazon.. Also I bought some silver ones just for festivals 4 years ago, ended up wearing them for stables non stop and they're still going strong, maybe times are changing? Personally I've never had any issues with them anyway..

silu

Visit site
Got some Katie Price type pink ones from TK Max for about a tenner a couple of years ago.Maybe see if they have some "odd" coloured ones.The pink ones do luckily fade quite quickly and are just the same and as comfortable as your A typical green wellies.Why not be different I say and to the person who said Hunters were rubbish I say rubbish to her as I've worn Hunters for probably more years than she's been alive and unless you want to go ridiculous in price there aren't IMO more comfy wellies on the market.From memory I've had at least 10 pairs over MANY years and never been disappointed.

hairycob

Visit site
Silu,

tell me wear you get your decent hunters from. My first pair lasted 15 years, the next 10 but the last 3 pairs have barely lasted 6 months & I have given up on them. The last 3 pairs have also been made on a narrower last which means that they are really tight when I wear 2 pairs of socks in winter. I know I do have broad feet but the 1st 2 pairs were wider & so much more comfy.

silu

Visit site
Hello Hairycob. As I said I did pick up a SCOTTISH manufactured pair if hideous pink ones from TK Max for very little money and have about 4 pairs of green ones which I bought some years ago from Gates Rubber (manufacturer) at their outlet shop somewhere close to or in Dumfries from memory.
To be fair I haven't got any of The Chinese manufactured ones and it may well be the case that they aren't now as good. Certainly the modern ones I've seen are not as long as mine are.
Will be a real pity if the "iconic" wellies are a shade of their formal selves. What I do know for certain and it could be a similar scenario is that Spear and Jackson did make quality tools which I've used for many many years. However I bought a fork from them last year not realising Spear and Jackson are now an American company. Absolute cr.., it broke within days of being used and likewise the 3 replacements S&J sent me. Refunded EVENTUALLY and will NEVER buy any of their products again. Paying a premium for a label not a quality product.