Reccomend me someone in the South...

seabsicuit2

Visit site
I've drawn a blank with trying to sort out this exracehorse, who naps/plants/rears/bucks... So I want to send her away- she needs someone that is strong and gutsy to get her going and schooling on the flat and over jumps, and hacking. But also needs to be someone thats very sympathetic, quick thinking and intelligent and is happy with a good 20 min session and wont try and push her on for hours.. and is also very aware of good saddle fit and bitting etc, its a very sensitive mare...

Can anyone advise on who to go to? please, personal reccomendations only please, as the last time I sent a horse away to a professional eventer it came back a hat rack and was completly useless.. :( have put far too much work and money into this horse to have it go straight back to square one again..

Luci07

Visit site
Actually if you have a truly tricky TB, then pm RachelFerd on here. She and her OH back and work baby TBs and I have seen Harry first hand at our yard sorting out a very very messed up little project horse. He does have the patience of a saint as well. Pony took time but has turned out so well he has now gone on to go eventing with a fellow livery and is now Mr Reliable. They are over Headley way so Harry could go to you. In this horses instance it had been started badly and had no trust whatsoever of humans. Took the new owners best part of two months just to establish basic rapport before starting to re back.

Fools Motto

Visit site
I know of someone who I can recommend, but I would have to add your horse would have to be the not-so-fine type. My recommendation is a lovely quiet sympathetic rider, young guy whom I admire.
He is based at WF-P's old yard in North Dorset if that is of any help.

Luci07

Visit site
I know of someone who I can recommend, but I would have to add your horse would have to be the not-so-fine type. My recommendation is a lovely quiet sympathetic rider, young guy whom I admire.
He is based at WF-P's old yard in North Dorset if that is of any help.

As Harry and Rachel ride out sprinters they can sit on skinny little TBs. Rachels own TBs look big in the pox so bit of a shock to see them in the flesh - Rachels current eventer is actually only 15.2 at a push..

Tempi

Visit site
What about Gubby? (Daniel Leach) - he would be really good for her, plus Marion works alongside him and his wife is also a Bowen therapist (trained by Marion). Hes sponsored by Simple Systems now too. And obviously wouldnt be too far away for you either, about half an hr from where you are now.