Recent attacks on enlightened debate

PaulT

Visit site
It is apparent that contributors such as Alec, Fiagai, East Kent, Herne & Dobiegirl (to name the main culprits) want to close down any debate based on the principles of reason, and the use of evidence, from this forum.

Are any other contributors, irrespective of their views on hunting and associated activities such as fox baiting, willing to criticise this attack on the foundations of enlightenment, and mature debate?

PaulT

Visit site
'Dodgy science' because a range of studies happened to directly contradict the unsubstantiated excuses trotted out on this forum?

Yet again, East Kent illustrates the need for this thread.

Herne

Visit site
It is apparent that contributors such as ... Herne ... (to name the main culprits) want to close down any debate based on the principles of reason, and the use of evidence, from this forum.

Would you like to justify this accusation against me?

PaulT

Visit site
Would you like to justify this accusation against me?

Apologies Herne, I unfairly included your name in the list. It's clear that you are one of the few contributors to this site who is prepared to discuss the rights and wrongs of hunting and fox baiting. :(

Some of the others are trying to shut you up but at least you have the courage of your convictions - a rare quality on this forum.

Paddydou

Visit site
Paul.

Yawn. I think I am going down the pub with EK. So far all your contributions to this forum have been to wind up members of the hunting forum and I have yet to see any helpful advice etc given to other members about the care of their animals etc. This leads me to believe that you are indeed a wind up merchant.

I would also love to cause such mischief but in all honesty I do not have the time nor the inclanation to wind people up in such a way.

You don't have to panic as there are currently no fox hunt meets what with it being breeding season and all so they can all sit pretty in their picturesque dens until the Autumn... Perhaps you could return then for some frolics?

PaulT

Visit site
Hi Paddydou, run out of anything positive to say about fox baiting?

It really amazes me how few of you are willing to have an open discussion about the rights and wrongs of using dogs to attack confined foxes, given it's part and parcel of hunting. It's clearly one of those activities you'd all rather keep quiet about; after all, it's one thing to secretly support fox baiting (perhaps even participate in it), it's quite another to have the guts to publicly defend it.

CARREG

Visit site

It really amazes me how few of you are willing to have an open discussion about the rights and wrongs of using dogs to attack confined foxes, given it's part and parcel of hunting. It's clearly one of those activities you'd all rather keep quiet about; after all, it's one thing to secretly support fox baiting (perhaps even participate in it), it's quite another to have the guts to publicly defend it.

If you had the slightest idea of what you are harping on about it may be worth debating with you.................Carreg

PaulT

Visit site
If you had the slightest idea of what you are harping on about it may be worth debating with you.................Carreg

Carreg, here's a novel idea. Rather than simply stating I'm wrong because you don't like what I'm saying, try explaining why you disagree, backing up any assertions with evidence? :rolleyes:

Paddydou

Visit site

Paul - I have never and would never engage in such a barbaric pass time. Terrier work is very different to baiting. Personally my terriers are no where near well behaved enough for me to use them for the task.

My terriers are used to control the local rabbit population and YES there is a dead one or two sitting outside my back door as I type and I am expecting more after my partner and his friend take my terriers shooting tonight (they are not to bad bringing them back). I let them dig out the rabbits to catch them and while you may believe this to be barbaric I know full well that they don't catch very many at all this way, the warrens are far too complex for them to have much hope. Their best bet is to catch them on the run and this they do several times a day to greta effect. Why am I not bothered that there are dead things by my back door? I am not bothered because if I didn't do something to control the population levels several things would happen. The rabbits in existance would become over crowded and disease ridden, they would dig holes in the paddocks where the horses graze and when the horses have bit of a hooly they could break a leg or two... ever seen a horse break its leg while in full gallop then panic? Its not nice and not pretty I can tell you. The ground would become over grazed and many species of plant would cease to exisit in the area that the rabbits are over running and thus kill off the food source for many insects such as bees, moths, butterflies etc. Everything has a knock on effect. Think about what you are eating for supper tonight. Where did that food come from, how was it grown, what lengths were taken to ensure that the food on your plate was not having an adverse effect on the wildlife around us? Vegitarian? That is just as bad as eating meat. Do you have children? Congratulations you are adding to an ever growing population problem that will only exacerbate the issues that are discussed on ths board. Stand up and take responsibility for the world around you rather than bleat on about people who are trying to protect as much as they possibly can for future generations being the bad guys.

IT IS ABOUT CONSERVATION. Fox baiting as JG took great pains to explain to you is VERY different to terrier work and the work that folk legally hunting carry out. This is NOT enlightened debate this is a fool trying to wind up folk.

Get a grip Paul. You clearly know nothing of the countryside, nothing of conservation and nothing of correct land management. Hunting foxes, stags, rabbits etc are all part of a much grander scheme. You are clearly never going to understand this concept. You are accusing people of doing vile things. Fox baiting is a disgusting act and no one on this board that I know would EVER support such a thing. Every one on this board that I know of understands that sometimes in order to protect the grander view you have to do things that are not pleasant but there are ways of doing it properly and with decency.

Paddydou

Visit site
It should be made illegal to feed vermin :mad:

Sorry EK I am trying to stop... Its a bit like a pillock over taking and cutting you up on the motor way sometimes you just have to go the extra 10 miles to over take them so you can give them the "bird"...

JingleTingle

Visit site
Have been following this thread today with interest (well tis p**sing down so I'm bored as it happens).

Bit of background, used to hunt many years ago - now I do NOT - not just because I have become a nervous and doddery old rider, but for my own beliefs and choices. I do NOT wish to hunt - but I strongly defend the right of each and every person to do so if they so wish. In my very humble opinion this is something that should be personal choice and not dictated by laws and terrorist activity (yes - I mean the anti blood sports nutters here).

I have terriers that on regular occasion choose to seek out, chase, and if they are really lucky and quick of the mark, kill rabits etc. Don't revel in watching the kill, but hey ho, tis natural to my dogs so who am I to interfere in their genetic disposition and chosen sport?

I think, having checked out OP's other threads and posts that we are all being lead by the nose by a rather bored and opinionated new poster who delights in winding anybody up. Maybe its p****ing down where he is too?

Shouldn't be at all surprised if he is posting similar threads on the subject
of the pros and cons of breast feeding versus bottle, plastic surgery or the natural look, on other forums related to other debatable subject matter.

God.....I do hope it stops raining soon....;)