Recipient mares

maddie7

Visit site
Hi everyone

Looks like I'm going to have to retire my 8 year old ISH mare. She may yet be able to be a happy hacker but in case she isn't, do you know of anywhere they are taking recipient mares. I have emailed Beaufort and another one that came up on google. Is there anywhere else I can contact please?

Many thanks

popsdosh

Visit site
Have contacted those but the are looking for 16.2 and she is only 15.2

Thats your problem. Being straight with you at that size nobody will want her as a recipient unless you can find somebody with polo ponies which are the the highest users of ET.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Thats your problem. Being straight with you at that size nobody will want her as a recipient unless you can find somebody with polo ponies which are the the highest users of ET.

A good point, and two further points; Mares which are taken in as recipients for ET and by the larger practitioners don't always receive the care that they may, and secondly, for any sport-specific ET plan, they may (or should) demand that the mare concerned is as close in type and performance ability as is possible, to the donor.

All so often what seems to be an ideal solution, isn't. I'm not pouring cold water on your idea, just advising caution.

Alec.

maddie7

Visit site
Thanks guys. What has been a very difficult decision to make has now been made harder. Gone down like a lead balloon now! Most of the people I have spoken to say their horses are very happy and looked after.

I know what you're saying though thank you.