Recomend some reins

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Got caught in a hail shower yesterday and discovered that the grips on my rubber reins is now worn off and slippy. What reins do people recommend? Don't need to be smart just practical.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
For hunting I use laced reins & at home continental reins.
Both great, effective whatever the weather - but I always wear gloves (some will post how they can hurt hands, but in gloves its never a problem for me)

Just dont please buy the cheap tat ones as friend did that - '£10 reins' she said; ' bargain' - not quite so, when the stud gave way at a sharp canter when using them for the 2nd time......

JCW

Visit site
I like my bio reins which I bought from Matty Marlow on eBay. I am always getting compliments on them. I think I paid around £35.00 for them last year.

lula

Visit site
I like my bio reins which I bought from Matty Marlow on eBay. I am always getting compliments on them. I think I paid around £35.00 for them last year.

i bought some bio reins off ebay too for similar money. they just look rubber to me, what is the 'bio' bit all about?

flintmeg

Visit site
I love my sabre eventa reins, they have been water mud and sweat soaked and iv never lost grip, and they are not too fat for my ridiculous child size hands lol :)

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Eeeek at the price of the Kate Negus reins, I want decent quality but that is a lot more than I want to spend. I think the ones Shooting Star recommends are looking like the winners. Haven't used continental reins for years but I can see the advantage.

Tronk

Visit site
I am coveting some lovely half rubber, half leather reins, basically rubber on one side, leather on the other - all the grip of rubber reins but without the bulk.

JCW

Visit site
i bought some bio reins off ebay too for similar money. they just look rubber to me, what is the 'bio' bit all about?
I have no idea why they are called bio reins either. I really like them though. Seem to be much more supple that standard rubber reins.