Recommend a paint for interior Stable Walls?

Sunflowers

Visit site
My friend's stables are breeze block, and rather old and tired looking; can anyone suggest what's best to paint them with? -

Thats on the inside of the stables - we'd like to paint them up to about 4 ft high probably.

I'd like to get a nice thick black paint but not sure whats best to go for... any ideas welcomed!

Thanks!

Blue-bear

Visit site
We do white masonary paint for the top 3/4 of the walls then black bitumen based paint for the bottoms, find its tto dark if we do any more black

eoe

Visit site
My stables are concrete block in an barn and the interior walls are painted with Sandtex Exterior Cornish Cream (green label not blue) I like it because its not as bright as white and it makes the barn look warmer.

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
Another vote for masonary paint we use black at the bottom and white at the top. Get's a tart up each spring.

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
Another vote for masonary paint we use black at the bottom and white at the top. Get's a tart up each spring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Get the best you can afford, otherwise it'll take loads of coats for the paint to soak into the brickwork and then start to actually cover the walls. I bought a one coat paint the first time I did it and it actually worked. Wasn't the cheapest, but probably worth in the long run - didn't get a chance to redo it for almost 4 years after that but last year did it again and only used half a tin of each colour - got enough to do it again this year!

K_T

Visit site
Do you think it would be okay to use black gloss? I paint my stable every year with black masonry paint but after the winter it has rubbed off in places, especially where I hang the haynets.