Recommend Livery Yard Herts/Essex

Echo24

Visit site
Hi guys,

Anyone know of spaces at a livery yard in the Herts/Essex border? Looking at Harlow, Bishops Stortford and West of Chelmsford. Had a yard in mind but when I went to sign a contract they increased the price from what they originally quoted me and effectively would be paying nearly £200 for DIY and an extra large stable which I don't need and horse would be out 24/7 anyway!

Looking for DIY with jobs or possibly part livery. It's my first horse so somewhere with an experienced and friendly YO a must! And preferably option of 24/7 turnout in the summer. Am considering Newland Hall but there are mixed vibes on the yard from this forum.

Thanks.

lyndy

Visit site
What about Harold's Park Farm in Bumbles Green, Nazeing. Large yard, with great facilities and hacking. Not sure if they have any spaces, but worth a look.

LaurenBay

Visit site
If you want daily turnout out then I wouldn't go to Harolds Park Farm!!! Your Horse will be lucky of they get out 3 times a week in the winter. How about Bury Farm in Epping Green? Theres also a lovely yard by Potters Street in Harlow, no idea what its called but worth a drive down there. I am at a place in Harlow which is brill, but no current stables I'm afraid

Fizz06

Visit site
Ashfields is good, you can do part livery mon to fri then DIY at weekends. They have lovely indoor school too!

Echo24

Visit site
Thanks for the tips! I had heard turnout wasn't fantastic in Harold Park.

How much does Ashfields charge for part livery? Indoor school sounds like a luxury!