Recommend me a dry shampoo please

southerncomfort

Visit site
I love Bo dearly but holy heck he absolutely honks!

They've just started coming in overnight as I've got one on box rest, and he has a grim habit of doing a wee in the middle of his bed and then lying in it.

Obviously I can't bath him every morning so I'm thinking dry shampoo a couple of times a week might help..?

I've never used it before. Can someone recommend one that will....erm...freshen him up a bit (I'm assuming equine deodorant isn't a thing yet..?)

TGM

Visit site
I've never heard of dry shampoo for horses! You can get no-rinse washes which don't need hosing off - so you could just go over the smelly patch with one of those, using warm water if the weather is cold. We use one from EqWax that smells of lemongrass and would be great as a freshen up.

As suggested above a rug might be a good idea. Also I don't know what bedding you use but might be worth putting some dry wood pellets underneath his pee patch to soak it up more.

southerncomfort

Visit site
I've never heard of dry shampoo for horses! You can get no-rinse washes which don't need hosing off - so you could just go over the smelly patch with one of those, using warm water if the weather is cold. We use one from EqWax that smells of lemongrass and would be great as a freshen up.

As suggested above a rug might be a good idea. Also I don't know what bedding you use but might be worth putting some dry wood pellets underneath his pee patch to soak it up more.

Thanks I think it was no rinse shampoo I was thinking of. Don't know why I said dry shampoo. ?

I'll definitely give the wood pellets a go too.