recommend me a grazing muzzle for large horse pls!

amandaco2

Visit site
I've got the fleece lined best friends for my two 16h mares. I need one for horsey 3 but he has a very big head.....i tried the girls large ones on him but it would rub and I wasn't convinced an xl would fit either!!
What does everyone use on horses with big heads??

KVH

Visit site
I've used the fleece lined Shires muzzle for the last couple of years. The full size comes up on the large size (!!) and the XL is huge, I would be surprised if that didn't fit?

Nicnac

Visit site
Greenguard - you'll need to tape fleece around it as rubs at first but best for my hugeheaded one. He can get the others off and they are too tight on him.

Makemineacob

Visit site
Definitely a greenguard. I noticed the other day there is a seller on eBay who is making fleece pieces with Velcro on for easy removal and washing and they are made to measure for greenguard muzzles. Worth a look at if you're not handy with a needle and thread yourself and want something easily removal for washing. :)

ebonyallen

Visit site
Definitely a greenguard. I noticed the other day there is a seller on eBay who is making fleece pieces with Velcro on for easy removal and washing and they are made to measure for greenguard muzzles. Worth a look at if you're not handy with a needle and thread yourself and want something easily removal for washing. :)

I agree with this I have the greenguard, and I have put sheepskin nose bands on the sides of mine, or you can get the non sheepskin ones which are cheaper does the job and can be taken off and washed.

LouisCat

Visit site
We found the bucket type ones the best as the GreenGuard ones cut my Connemara's lips open. Maybe that was his desperation to eat!