Recommend me a hat....

Muddyboots

Visit site
My jocky skull stinks (there is no nice way to put it sorry!) I've tried cleaning it but seems to make later difference. It is 5 plus years old so I think it is time for a new one.

I event so need one for xc, must be well ventilated and I would ideally like one which you can either wash or replace the lining.

It would also be nice to have a smart hat to keep for dressage and sj, also with good ventilation and removable lining.

Gatehouse conquest I hear you all shout!! It doesn't fit me! It's the wrong shape for my head. My current hat is a Charles own.

Happy imaginary shopping.....

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
Ive just bought the charles owen 4 star today - rode for half hour and gave me a funng headache on left side of forehead and behind eye and then wore it again this evening for half hour and same problem again. I personally love the hat though and has brill safety standards. I prefer the look of the CO J3 as Its smaller on the head and looks neater but the 4 star won me over because of the safety and have just started hunting! - will just have to put up with the headaches!

Tiffany

Visit site
Depends how much you want to spend but I've just bought a KEP and love it. It's got vents and a removable lining. Caldene do one that looks really good for the money, think about £80?

Muddyboots

Visit site
Will look at those suggestions thank you. I love the KEP but out of my budget - especailly as i am looking to replace one hat with two!!

Does anyone have any experience on the PROtectors or the GPA's??

Oscar

Visit site
I bought a gpa recently, and was amazed at how light and cool it was. Unfortunately I parted company with my 4yo & hit the stubble!! Head survived but the hat didn't so it did it's job and is now in hat heaven. I will have another for Xmas, currently back to my smelly old hat.

RachelBristol

Visit site
There is no point in recommending you a hat, because EVERY persons head is different. You need to go somewhere good, and try on as many as possible, and then make a decision.

Personally I ride in an HS1, but that shouldn't make any difference to you, because it is my head in my hat ;) I also know people who hate the HS1 because it doesn't fit them. So try loads, and a good place to do it is at a big event like HOYS, 4* Internationals, Olympia etc, then you can try everything going, and get it at a good price.

montanna

Visit site
If you have a Charles Owen currently what about the Wellington? Or the AYR8 Leather - they are both really smart :)

Charlie Bucket

Visit site
Love my Champion skull....they seem one of the only brands that fit my massive head! :)

Would like a smart velvet but still yet to find one that doesn't give me a migraine. So will stick to skull cap and silk for all disciplines....ho hum! ;)

SuperH

Visit site
I have had Charles Owen hats for years and years and always been pleased with them. When I went to replace it the last time none of their new ones fitted at all. Don't know if my head has changed shape or if they have changed the shape of their hats. I tried everything in the shop on and ended up with the HS1. I was concerned as it isn't ventilated, however I've worn it all summer and have to say my head has been no hotter than normal in it.

Anyway, just try everything on as just because a certain hat has fitted in the past doesn't mean it will fit now. Happy shopping!