Recommend me a saddle ...

tigger01

Visit site
For a high withered, but flat-backed 15.1 show cob type. It's proving a nightmare. Everything I've tried so far is too wide. I cant believe he's a narrow fitting!! Anyone know of any GP/WH saddle types which are more suited to this type?!

Vinney

Visit site
You could try Fyelde Saddlery. I had both mine from there. They do a good serivice on new and secondhand.

be positive

Visit site
I have found Ideals good for flat backs but cannot believe your cob requires a narrow fitting saddle, I don't even know a tb that when properly muscled needs anything narrower than med.

tigger01

Visit site
Thanks for these replies. I've just sold a Fylde so I might look at another. Really liked them. As far as width is concerned I've tried medium and they are all too low on his withers. Like Ideals tho. Obviously widths vary. I shall continue looking.

_HP_

Visit site
Sounds like you need a high wither saddle rather than an actual narrow fitting. My tb had very high withers but was a medium to wide fitting. I found the T4 high wither saddle an excellent fit plus it's adjustable

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I presonally don't feel that any horse should naturall be a narrow fitting - is he hollow either side of his withers? Sitting too low at the front does not always mean that the tree width is wrong - the tree may be too flat, it may not have deep enough panels etc. If he is hollow you may want to fit wider with padding. Do you have a good fitter you can work with? I fit a deeper seated WH model to those shaped backs so they are out there.

Ideal make SOME Fyldes, the rest are totally different in design and quality.